Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default O2 Sensor Bypass

I was looking at exhausts and in order to run some of them on a fuel injected bike, you have to get an O2 Sensor bypass. Which do you guys recommend, and does bypassing the O2 sensors have any negative affects on the bike? Forgive me if these are dumb questions. I don't know much about FI bikes. My Deuce is carb'd and I'm thinking about possibly gettin' a new bike, which would be FI. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:14 PM
bdavis385
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: O2 Sensor Bypass

For starters you might want to go to www.nightriders.com. They have a good articles in EFI.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:24 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You'd be removing one of the feedback loops that the ECM considers when deciding FI commands to the injectors. Like you've said, you need some "loop-back connector ends" that go on the end of the cables when you remove the O2 sensors.

There's a pretty good write-up at V-Twin Cafe about using wideband O2 sensors, and their role in general: http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/h...o2_upgrade.htm

There are both flavors of fuel commanders (speaking generically) that can deal with or ignor the presense of the O2 sensors. The O2 sensors are a great source of info for the ECU to decide about idle mixtures going to the injectors.

In all cases, don't do an exhaust (minus the O2 sensors) that hasn't been accounted for by one of those fuel commanders. The bike would run horrible without somehow telling to ECU to ignore an O2 sensor input.

P.S. I am not affilliated in any way to V-Twin Cafe, I just like reading their research.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info and links guys. I appreciate it.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:44 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine runs BETTER since putting the eliminators on and switching to PCIII. In Aus and Europe we have FOUR eliminators to fit. The extra 2 are the airbox and active exhaust eliminators.

DeanO

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

I was looking at exhausts and in order to run some of them on a fuel injected bike, you have to get an O2 Sensor bypass. Which do you guys recommend, and does bypassing the O2 sensors have any negative affects on the bike? Forgive me if these are dumb questions. I don't know much about FI bikes. My Deuce is carb'd and I'm thinking about possibly gettin' a new bike, which would be FI. Thanks for your help.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:50 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default active exhaust bypass eliminator kit harley

If you are looking for the eliminator kit, I know that www.cheapbikeparts.com.au has them in stock.... You will need them if fitting a new exhaust and / or air filter to your bike to stop the engine warning light from coming on...

Most of the Vance and Hines exhaust kits make no mention of the active exhaust module which you must REMOVE when fitting an aftermarket exhaust such as Vance and Hines etc . After you remove the big module from underneath the frame and unplug it , one of the 2 plugs supplied in the kit is plugged into where the module came off the bike and the engine warning light will disappear.