Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a windscreen for my 2009 Crossbones, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 06:52 PM
Chrispyny
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a windscreen for my 2009 Crossbones, please help.

Hello everyone. First post here. A little about me.

I have owned many bikes, boats, atvs, etc over all the years. In the mid 2000’s, i sold my last 2 wheel drive bike and said i’d never own a bike again as it was the dawn of everyone texting and driving and killing themselves and others. HOWEVER, 2011, i saw a Crossbones at a local Harley Dealer. I INSTANTLY fell in love. I told myself if ever one day i came across a nice one used, it would be mine. In 2018 a coworker said his brother was selling his house, contractor tools, and harley and moving into a small apartment.
the Harley was supposed to,be a 2008 Crossbones with 14,000 mi. A week later it was a 2009 Crossbones with only 4 thousand miles. It was bone stock with the exception of an EXPENSIVE Vance and Hines loud exhaust. he paid 20k with all the extras like harley alarm etc. i paid $5,000. That’s right, i paid his asking price of $5,000 for a 2009 Crossbones with 4,000 miles in great shape.
I then put new tires on it, had a harley dealer change out all the fluids, and have been a happy owner for 5 years. Although i rarely ride the bike as life has been busy, it’s my grail bike and i’ll never sell it.
the reason i’m here is i’m desperate to find a windscreen for it. I called memphis shades and the lady on the phone claims they no longer make a windscreen for the crossbones.
I’m here in hopes someone has a Crossbones and can tell me the part numbers they used from memphis shades, or where to find what i need. I love the bike but after 50 mph, the wind gets to be a bit much on longer rides. I’m looking for more comfort. The bike seems to have attachment hardware for a windscreen already. No clue who makes it or what else i need. I’m 6 foot 6 inches so i’ll need a 19 or 21” windscreen. But i’d settle for a 17” if it fits!

if anyone can please help, i’d be very appreciative.
THANKS!
CHEERS.

Old 05-06-2024, 08:36 PM
Paintslinger16
Road Warrior
Received 1,547 Likes on 671 Posts

Did you sort by heritage springer? I bet it’s the same shield.

it either that or eBay and swap meets

The following users liked this post:
duffy8540 (05-08-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 10:40 AM
flh canuck
Cruiser
Received 251 Likes on 126 Posts

I was in the same boat. Found an actual factory Crossbones windshield locally for $50 bucks but the quick release mounting kit for the springer front end is discontinued and so far, it has been impossible to locate for me.

Went to plan "B"

Purchased and installed a "Slipstreamer" mini police windshield. Its smallish (about 17 inches total height) but well made and the mounting system is of good quality. On the highway it breaks the wind sufficiently that I can do longer highway trips in reasonable comfort. At just over $200 bucks for the windshield (which includes mounting kit), I was not expecting much but have to say I am really pleased with how well it works and it looks decent on the bike as well.

Not nearly the same wind protection on the highway as my previous Ultra Limited but I knew that going with the Crossbones would sacrifice some comfort going in. That being said, I love riding the Crossbones and wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

Last edited by flh canuck; 05-07-2024 at 10:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
blu92in99 (05-07-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 11:13 AM
Chrispyny
1st Gear

Heritage classic is the only option and its not a springer. Dang.

Old 05-07-2024, 11:15 AM
Chrispyny
1st Gear

I seem to already have the hardware which mounts to the bike forks. I just need a windshield and the bracketry to fit this.

Old 05-07-2024, 11:23 AM
flh canuck
Cruiser
Received 251 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrispyny
I seem to already have the hardware which mounts to the bike forks. I just need a windshield and the bracketry to fit this.
You have the factory springer quick release mounts which are apparently unobtanium these days. If you were closer, I would sell you my factory Crossbones windshield but I'm on the Westcoast so shipping would likely be prohibitive. As previously mentioned, any factory springer windshield (Heritage or otherwise) should fit. Your best bet is to check Marketplace or Craigslist as they pop up from time to time.

Last edited by flh canuck; 05-07-2024 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:28 AM
Chrispyny
1st Gear

Originally Posted by flh canuck
You have the factory springer quick release mounts which are apparently unobtanium these days. If you were closer, I would sell you my factory Crossbones windshield but I'm on the Westcoast so shipping would likely be prohibitive. As previously mentioned, any factory springer windshield (Heritage or otherwise) should fit. Your best bet is to check Marketplace or Craigslist as they pop up from time to time.
tell me what you want for it shipped. Or message me. Thanks.

Old 05-07-2024, 12:59 PM
eighteight
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,700 Likes on 2,716 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrispyny
Hello everyone. . I called memphis shades and the lady on the phone claims they no longer make a windscreen for the crossbones..
THANKS!
CHEERS.
Doesn`t mean they aren`t out there.

Old 05-07-2024, 01:39 PM
Chrispyny
1st Gear

Originally Posted by eighteight
Doesn`t mean they aren`t out there.
What site is that? Looks like dennis kirk. The issue is the ‘plates only’ trigger lock kit. The plates are model specific.

Last edited by Chrispyny; 05-07-2024 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-07-2024, 01:51 PM
eighteight
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,700 Likes on 2,716 Posts

It is D-K site

Quick Reply: Need a windscreen for my 2009 Crossbones, please help.