Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard bags on a Softail

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Five0
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard bags on a Softail

Anyone ever put, or heard of puttinghard bags like on the R/K on a Softail? I'm having minor problems with thebags on my 08 Heritage an HD basically said Kiss Their A-- when I took it in,(imagine that), anywayI think it might look cool with the hard ones. I did find one company that made a kitbut they discontinued production.

Thanks

Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Hard bags on a Softail

Cycle Visions is the company you want.
They have a kit for either the Hard or Leather bags from a Touring model, to mount on a Softail.

See some better pictures here too.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2271602/tm.htm

Old 01-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Five0
Advanced

That's exactly what I'm looking for!!! Thanks a bunch for the site. I'm actually going to put the Fiberglass ones on mine. I like the leather bags but I think I can do more with the paint job if I get the hard ones. Also I think over the long run they will hold up better.

Thanks again

Old 01-11-2008, 09:12 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Five0

Anyone ever put, or heard of puttinghard bags like on the R/K on a Softail? I'm having minor problems with thebags on my 08 Heritage an HD basically said Kiss Their A-- when I took it in,(imagine that), anywayI think it might look cool with the hard ones. I did find one company that made a kitbut they discontinued production.

Thanks
I have an 08 Heritage, mind sharing what minor problem you were having?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:25 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll be dipped if I can remember who it was.
But last weekend I found a place that makes hard bags for Softails.
They were NOT cheap, but the kits they offered had EVERYTHING from the frame out, includingbags in both reasonable and huge sizes.
I found their ad in the back of a magazine so you might look through any you have laying around.

I'll look around and see if I can find it again.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Five0
Advanced

Jimmers, Cosmetic only--my bike is about 4 months old and the buttons on the bags and seat are tarnishing, (dulling). This bike isgarage kept and to this point hasn't seen a drop of water, (rain or wash), I wipe it down just about every day for dust etc. You know how the new Harley thing goes, if you ain't riding em your wiping em.Anyway I have used no cleaners on the bags yet because they are still clean so there have been no chemicalsto touchthe bags or buttons. I take it to my Harley dealer where I bought it and they take pictures and send them to Harley, guess what, 20 grand or so doesn't get you that great of a warranty. I am in the process of fighting with Harley now.It's not all that bad but it is noticable and since we pay that kind of price,,well you know.

Citorplus, if you could find it that would be great. I'll look through mine and see what I can find. It would be nice to have different sizes to choose from.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:05 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hope that doesn't happen to mine but I imagine it will. That is unless there's a defect that just affected some bags and seats. Doubtit. Tarnish remover and polish no help huh?

Sounds like the dealer at least entertained your complaint since they took pictures and forwarded them. Either that or he was hoping to bill the MoCo for the install labor.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:29 AM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like an isolated problem on your bags. I own two Heritage Classics an '03 and an '07, never had any problems with the spots. Good luck.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:34 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought a few things from Cycle Visions (no bags, sorry) but they have always had fast shipping and great customer service when I have used them.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:17 AM
lrntowrench
Cruiser

There is also another option - depending on the look of your bike. If you're going for a retro look, there is a company called BB Reproductions that does really nice setups that look just like the old "bubble-back" style hard bags from the 50's-60's. They are incredibly tough, easy to mount and really create that nostalgic look.

They're at bbreproductions.com

Quick Reply: Hard bags on a Softail