Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windscreen advice needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:38 AM
roofgunner
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windscreen advice needed!!

I have a 2007 Softail Heritage Classic and it has the standard windscreen. I have not had a bike with a windscreen and as I found out when it rains and esp. at night when it rains I can's see through it. This happened when I got caught just below Grand Rapids, MI in that killer storm on 7 June. Rainex, etc. doesn't help. So while in PA. I had 3.5 inches removed from the top so I can now see right over the top and this works. The guy did a pretty good job and I did some sanding on the edges but it's not factory perfect. H-D makes a shorter windscreen (3 inch shorter than the one it comes with) and the price is $389.00. I'm a perfectionist and I may want to get that one BUT I wanted to ask other riders with more experience what my options might be for a windscreen that will fit the stock quick release H-D system on my bike. I was wondering if there are some aftermarket screens that are designed well as far areodynamics, etc. and one that is the correct height for me. Please help!!! Thanks, Tom

Old 06-23-2008, 10:04 AM
spikehyre
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Windscreen advice needed!!

Take a look at CeeBaileys.com
They make aircraft quality windscreens and I bought a replacement glass for my Deluxe.&nbsp\\; They can custom size it for you and it will fit your original hardware.&nbsp\\; I think the quality far exceeds the OEM shield from Harley.&nbsp\\; I got mine in a light smoke tint it have now regrets.&nbsp\\; I had mine cut down too and like you started looking for another.&nbsp\\; I think the cost was around $130.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:17 PM
nightrainjoe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might want to check out windvest.com, that is what I have on my nightrain. They come in smoked or clear or a blue-is color. Really nice shields.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:38 PM
roofgunner
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I'm going to check out both websites. I sent Cee Baileys an email as they don't show anything for a 2007 Softail Heritage but that doesn't mean they don't have something. Tom