Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me install some Carlini bars!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Clinton350
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me install some Carlini bars!

Ok I've decided to take the plunge and perform my first mod on my Rocker C by myself. I was seriously considering letting the dealership perform all my mod work but I've been thinking about it lately and it just seems rediculous for me to pay someone for something I'm sure (with a little advice) I can do myself. I've never wrenched on bikes before but hell, I used to work on helicopters in the army so I ought to be able to install bars and grips right? But first some questions.................

1. What size risers do I need? I saw some picks of a black Rocker C with the bars I want and I believe they're Carlini Clean Sweep with 7" risers. Would 5" risers even work without the signals hitting the tank?

2. Will my stock cables still be adequate length? Doesn't seem to be alot of difference in the deminsions between the Carlini bars and the stock bars but what the hell do I know?

3. Where would you order the bars from? Straight from Carlini or is there some other aftermarket parts dealer you recomend?

Ok I think thats all I need to know for now. I saw a thread earlier this week about changing grips and I'll bookmark that for later use. Thanks in advance!

Old 12-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Clinton350
Intermediate

Ok, after doing some searching I found out what I want is the 7" riser, but I've already run into a snag. I believe I'll either have to relocate the turn signals to the forks or possibly change the mounting hardware? I have a pic of a rocker with them and it looks like the signals have been moved slightly to the outside. Anyone know what hardware you need for this?

Old 12-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

hey bro. i'm thinking of making the same move as you are. as you mentioned 7 inch risers are good enough. if i where you i would just relocate the signals down to the trees. you need a mounting bracket (49 mm is the diameter of the trees) you can get them from HD. keep us updated, as soon as i purchase the bars i'm making the change myself.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:19 PM
04reddeuce
Cruiser

you can probably find some blemished bars on the carlini website for 30 percent or more off.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:37 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you call Carlini to order blems, they'll look in the warehouse and let you know what bars have what blems. FWIW I got my gangster apes from them as blems. They said the blem was on the bottom of the bar under where the riser would be, but for the life of me I can't find ANY flaw. I saved 100 bones.
The cables with the 7" clean sweeps should be fine, but if the brake line is a hard line you'll need to change that out. I'd recommend a Magnum Sterling Chromite.......they are almost identical to HD diamondbacks.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:44 PM
tvan1988
Cruiser

Order directly from Carlini. I placed an order with them a couple days ago. Ordered the Gangster Apes for my Super Glide. They are easy to work with, gave me 100 dollars off for a set of Blems. should be at the house in a couple days.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:48 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mojojones
I'd recommend a Magnum Sterling Chromite.......they are almost identical to HD diamondbacks.
+1 on Magnums... they're not almost identical, they're a from a superior quiality

Mimo.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:54 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Carlini drags are great.......just get rid of the front turn signals all together.....who needs those anyway?

Old 12-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Clinton350
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mojojones
but if the brake line is a hard line you'll need to change that out. I'd recommend a Magnum Sterling Chromite.......they are almost identical to HD diamondbacks.
Please explain "hard line". And thanks for the help so far guys. Ordered the bars already. Was hoping to start on it this weekend but will probably have to wait till my next weekend off to do the job.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:22 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

A hard line cannot be bent without breaking...

Quick Reply: Help me install some Carlini bars!