Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedway Instruments microTach+

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:28 PM
BrendanGTStang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Speedway Instruments microTach+

I recently installed the Speedway Instruments microTach+ on my 07 Night Train, and I have been receiving many questions and comments on it, so I figured I would start up a new thread about it to give you guys some more info. The installation was very easy, with only three wires to connect (power, ground, and signal). The install turned out very clean for me, as I was internally wiring my factory drag bars at the same time. So the wires run out the bottom of the tach, between the brake reservior and handlebar, and then into the hole on the bottom on the handlebar. The wires are never seen. I used a connector that they recommended, and it plugs into the data port located under the seat. I could have also permanently wired it into the bike if I had chose to do so. The thing that I like best about it, which is why I went with the microTach, is how it blends in so well. Most people would not even notice that it is on there if the bike isn't running. And it is available in black or chrome, so it would match whatever handlebar controls you have. Sitting on the bike, the display is very easy to see, and it also blinks when you get to redline. I haven't ridden the bike in different lighting conditions, so I can't report on how visible it is when the sun is hitting it, or how it is at night, but I'm sure it will be plenty bright enough in the dark. I also can't report on its durability as I just installed it, but I will be sure to keep you all posted should I have any issues with it. Here are a couple of pics of the microTach installed, and also a link to a quick video so you can see the tach turned on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5O-IhIxACs

There is also more info on the tach here: www.speedwayinstruments.com

-Brendan

Old 02-03-2009, 08:31 PM
FLTRU4ME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one also very easy, very clean install.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:37 PM
sonetpro
Cruiser

Had one on my Sporty and when I traded it I took it off and it's now on my Dyna. I love that thing. I just couldn't stand being without a tach. It is very visable even in direct sunlight.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:38 AM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

man i love and hate this forum at the same time.

never had seen that tach until today. yea i got to have one. thanks for the post.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 AM
I8AGSXR
Tourer

I gotta stop coming on here now I have to go buy it, oh by the way my wife hates you guys, sorry.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 AM
L_Brown
Cruiser

Now that is cool.....Crap, I want one now...need to add it to the very long list I seem to have started...lol

Old 02-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

yah, that little devil is pretty cool. i'm gonna keep this one in mind, definitely a good mod.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:43 AM
FACTION95
Road Master

Thats freakin awesome! I'm gonna put that on my list.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:16 AM
eagle1eye
Cruiser

Looks like they've sold 6 more...counting mine. I hear ya guys, that thing is cool.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:34 AM
BrendanGTStang
Cruiser

Well, it looks like I'm not the only one that thought the microTach was a sweet little mod. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Quick Reply: Speedway Instruments microTach+