Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handle bar and cable help

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:32 PM
NightTrainRob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handle bar and cable help

I'm looking at getting the StreetSlammer handle bars from harley, but looking to figure out what cables I need and brake lines, looking to get braided, but not wanting to buy harley cables and such, help with part numbers or where to look,

Its a 05 Nighttrain Thanks....

Old 02-07-2009, 03:02 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey NTR... You can use your stock cables to run the street slammers. It all should reach just fine but you will need to legthen the wores to run them in the bars... and matbe bend the front brake line a little "carefully" and loosen up the bango bolt on the brake master to chage the angle of the fitting for a little more length. Heres a picture of my bike with a 9" rise 3 pull tbars... with stock cables. Hope this helps you.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:03 PM
NightTrainRob
Tourer

Thanks....I'll try that before I buy some cables

Old 02-07-2009, 03:24 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

I would and did... when you change the bars to something way different and need to get the cables changed you'll find out the bars are the cheap part of the mod.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
NightTrainRob
Tourer

What bars are those Story?

Old 02-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you decide to get new cables and go braided there all over ebay and last I looked it was 189.00 for the whole set minurs rear brake line.. Think it was HHcountycustoms or something like that..

Old 02-08-2009, 02:25 PM
NightTrainRob
Tourer

Originally Posted by Scheers44
If you decide to get new cables and go braided there all over ebay and last I looked it was 189.00 for the whole set minurs rear brake line.. Think it was HHcountycustoms or something like that..

Thanks...

Old 02-09-2009, 03:27 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

My old bars? Buffalo 1 1/4 T-bars... I think, I just sold them today for 100.00 when I sent my apes out for PC I sent those to thinking I may go back. But now that I have a jocky shift on the bike I think the Apes are a better match for me.

Thats whats good about a train you can get away with the stock black cables. To me the stainless steel cable stand out way to much... You want them to see your bars coming down the street or your cable? Take it easy brother, ride safe Mark

(Hill Country Custom Cycles) are great guys and helpful... and shipping is good to!
They also have black braided cables.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:29 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Before you go crazy get hold of a copy of the latest HD Accessories catalog. Usually they are free at the dealers or no more than $5 in the cheap places.
They list all the bars that Harley sells as well as a chart that shows the cables length and part numbers you need for each one. You don't have to get them from there, but the part numbers and lengths are handy to have to use as a cross reference if you get them from someplace like Magnum or Evil-Bay.
The length charts may even be on line in the Harley web sites accessories section, but I can't swear to that.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 AM
NightTrainRob
Tourer

I'm not going crazy yet...Trying to decide on some bars I like forsure first. I like the drag bar look and thought about deuce risers but the handle bars hit the tank from what Ive been told, just wondering if the street slammers would be comfortable amount of pull back for me

Attached Thumbnails Handle bar and cable help-newlook.jpg  

Quick Reply: Handle bar and cable help