Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones Seat question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with everything jt333 has said...
I have a inexpensive replica of the 25 seat and like it so much better than the stocker...

I had put a Mammoth on it and did not like the look... and it also cut down on my seat to board room... bad thing...

for right now the 25 seat is IMO the best solution for taller XB riders

BTW I'm 6'3" 260lbs

Old 02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
wsdog
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put the standard seat on this weekend and it was much more comfortable. I only rode about 75 miles but the little bit of lip it has seemed to give more support especially on the freeway without a windshield.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:10 PM
bigcajun
Advanced
Default brawler seat

im putting a brawler seat on mine in the morning. ill let ya know how it works out

Old 02-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Blueneck
Intermediate
Location: at the bottom of the world, just a rocks though from the ice

personaly i like the stock seat, its comfy and just the right hight, im 6.2 so i recomend that but there is a multitude of options out there, i think any soft tail seat should fit once the battery cover and seat mount are removed

Old 02-23-2009, 11:01 PM
tc88hog
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried the brawler seat and it was ok around town, but It wasn't very comfortable making a round trip from Memphis to Milwaukee and back this past summer. I have changed it to the -25 solo seat as well and it seems comfortable on long trips. I also replaced the 3" seat springs to 2" springs to lower the seat. Here's a photo.

Attached Thumbnails Cross Bones Seat question-pb290031.jpg  

Last edited by tc88hog; 02-23-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:44 PM
roadglidepa
Tourer

Put on an engine guard and through on some rider pegs - your legs will be comfortable. Have the dealer black powder coat the mounts for the pegs. I did this but I am only 6'. Ride safe.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Flying Hog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jt3333
I think its a little better, but everyone seems to have there own opinion when it comes to seats. Maybe some others with the seat will provide there opinions too.
I agree with jt. The stock seat did not feel right to me, although I am not a huge guy (180 lbs). I felt like I was sitting too high on the bike. I also went with the Standard Solo seat and am quite pleased with the feel. Definetely a more "in the pocket" feel instead of sitting on a perch. I also believe the comfort was improved, even with less padding. It is actually more comfortable than my Brawler seat on my Night Train. Visually, it fits the style of the bike a lot better than the stock seat IMO.

jt, a quick question: I am considering 2" springs, but I am wondering to what extent the seat will tilt aft due to the lower spring height? It appears to me that the tilt will be minimal visually, but did it materially change the feel in the seat of the pants?

Old 02-24-2009, 09:54 AM
HaloFan
Advanced

I love the -25. A definite upgrade to the bike and stock seat. I felt like I gained some leg room...maybe an inch because it feels like you are seating deeper in the seat pan on the -25. The -25 is less padded and cradles the rider more than the stock seat.

Flying hog,
My experience w/ the 2 inch springs on the stock seat w/ a lowered rear end was not a good one. It felt like I was sliding off the seat into the pillion all the time. The -25 solved that problem for me. I have since gone back to the 3" because my 2 inchers were bottoming out too much for my likings.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:41 PM
jisham
Cruiser

Where are you guys buying the 2 inch springs? Thanks.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:01 PM
jblausey
Novice

Has anyone tried the 52006-47B seat? I like the skirt on this one but it looks like it may be padded as much as the stock seat.

Quick Reply: Cross Bones Seat question