Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAMCRO fairing

Old 11-11-2009, 07:50 AM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsqrne
I priced out that fairing/windscreen combo that comes on the new Softail Convertible....

900 dollars.

Go **** yourself HD. No way that thing should cost that much. Parts guys said cuz it was a painted item. haha.
I'm with ya! I started a thread a couple weeks ago asking about this windscreen. I love it and would be perfect with my setup but 900 bucks!!!!! Even at CHD it will be 720. That's freakin lame, but perhaps someone aftermarket will do something similar.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:10 AM
jrjones
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fairing is a Arlen Ness Fairing. The bars are made by West Cost T-Bars. I have a bubby that has that same set up on his Dyna. There are a couple different ways of mounting them. Go to the Dyna section and look or ask around and you will get more info.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:34 AM
davescreation
Tourer

the fairing and headlight off of a night rod fits perfect to the newer dyna not sure about the softail though. was thinking of getting one, but with the show i dont want to be part of a cookie cutter

Old 11-11-2009, 11:21 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Uh oh, more SOA prospects.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 614 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsqrne
I did read somewhere that Harley did donate the bikes and for this season each actor got a new bike along with a personal mech. to have the bike setup the way they wanted. Everyone but Clay got a new bike.... wonder why that is?
Clay (Ron Perlman) does not know how to ride a bike.

The bikes on SOA look unusual because the Tee bars are too tall. This CVO Dyna shows a proper looking quarter fairing.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:22 PM
rocker00
Tourer

there is a guy in the dyna section....dont want to name any names....that originally had a dyna wiht the fairing and it looks like the exact replica....people were givin him sh*t about having a soa bike and he told them to look in his gallery and he had it done way before the show came out...also the old cafe racers (76 i htink?) had this front fairing.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:41 PM
fr8mover
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

search cafe fairing on E bay there are tons of them for 59.99 make your own mounting I bought 2 one for the night train and the other i am gonna re glass to fit the double headlight on the fatbob. I have always loved the cafe racer look

Old 11-12-2009, 12:53 AM
dmp
Cruiser

Here's my 02 fxdx which was done 2 years before the show was thought of.

My girlfriends brother owns it now. There are 3 main types of 1/4 fairings
the HD

which is what i had, the dyna T-sport which has a taller windshield,

and the arlen ness.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:00 AM
dmp
Cruiser

Right behind the fairing makes a great place to put a hat, and other stuff. An lot of guys have a knife mounted between the bars and faring.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:23 AM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

Originally Posted by albertgiancarli
Like the show...hate that bubble thing on their bikes...and I don't care who's ridin' it or what Hollywood says.

I'd have fired the guy that came up with that bubble fairing look. Looks like something we laughed about years ago and then they just went away....or ended up on a beemer bike... Any hardcore MCs using that thing?? I'm surprised the shows producers (Hollywood) didn't put those long leather grip tassles on those Dynas.

I'm guessing HD didn't donate the bikes for the program. The show probably wanted higher bars on the Dyna's to make them look bad, and then realized that straight bar stock they used looked wrong, and then tried to cover it up with the bubble.
It's not Hollywood. The Oakland CA chapter of HA are mostly on Dynas and many of them have the 1/4 fairing. Here are some photos I took at our last club event.

Here is one parked next to my Fatboy

Farm club for Red & White

This guy is 81

I think the tall T bar makes it easier to pull up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SAMCRO fairing