Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush 1.75". ? Upsize to 2" baffle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 09:43 AM
tlustine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush 1.75". ? Upsize to 2" baffle?

Mounted up set of 1.75 rush slip ons on my 08 Deluxe. Love the rumble. Wondering though.... Should I have gotten the 2" baffles? Anyone start like I did & shift?? Are the 2s that much louder? Any deeper, or just more volume. Happy with what I got, just wonder, could I be happier?!
CopperHeaD

Old 01-01-2010, 10:29 AM
firecwp
Tourer

You need to remove the baffles and put in a Thunder Monster Baffle. I happen to have a set for sale. You can do a search on here if you aren't familiar. I don't need them since I replaced my Rush slip-ons with Samson true duals. PM me if you're interested. Or anyone else for that matter.
http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/...rmonsters.html

Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 AM
newdep332
Tourer

Originally Posted by tlustine
Mounted up set of 1.75 rush slip ons on my 08 Deluxe. Love the rumble. Wondering though.... Should I have gotten the 2" baffles? Anyone start like I did & shift?? Are the 2s that much louder? Any deeper, or just more volume. Happy with what I got, just wonder, could I be happier?!
CopperHeaD
I had the 1.75s on my 09 Heritage and wanted it deeper with out being louder. Talked to fuelmoto and ended up going with a 2 inch with their Silent Sport packing and it was much deeper and to my ear no louder.

That being said.....engine mods will make a big difference in sound and noise level, I have the 1.75s wrapped by fuelmoto and they are as loud and as deep as the 2s were. The difference being the 110" motor, hope this helps.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had both on my bike (before the Fatcat).

With the Rush packing, the 2" was much louder than the 1.75". Almost too loud.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:38 AM
newdep332
Tourer

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
I had both on my bike (before the Fatcat).

With the Rush packing, the 2" was much louder than the 1.75". Almost too loud.
How are they compared to the D&D as I was thinking about putting the Lowcats on my ConV.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:40 AM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just sent u a pm

Old 01-01-2010, 11:03 AM
08Phatboy
Advanced

I too have heard the 2" are considerably louder than the 1.75"

Similar to you, I just mounted a set of 1.75" on my '08 Fat Boy a few weeks ago. I wanted it deeper and more volume than stock, which is what I got. I won't guarantee that I won't wake up a neighbor or two in the early mornings, but they're not excessively loud. I'm happy with them.

Keep in mind, these will burn in as they get some mles on them. Right now, what you're hearing are brand new mufflers - they'll get louder over time.

Oh -- and a tip for you that I learned here on the forum, in case you don't already know -- your stock heat shields off your old mufflers fit like a champ on the new Rush mufflers. Since the flare at the front of the muffler is different, I didn't think they'd fit - but sure enough they do !! You can kinda see them in the picture in my signature line.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Bugsplat
Road Captain

Had the 2" on mine and they sounded great - the only sound comparison I could make was from the youtube videos. I ultimately switched to a V&H true dual setup - got the 2" Rush on sale for a killer deal if interested.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by newdep332
How are they compared to the D&D as I was thinking about putting the Lowcats on my ConV.
The D&D is definately quieter than the 2", and possibly even quieter than the 1.75 (but not by much - if at all). It's been a while since I had the Rush on there.
Keep in mind, my comparisons were with the rush packing, not some of the other (Fuelmoto) packings.

My D & D has the Big Bore Quiet baffle. At highway speeds I could easily hear a radio (if I had one). Will roar when I nail it, but quiet if I need them to be.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:17 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i had the 2.25 and they were very loud. i went to the 1.75 and they were just loud when you get on the throttle. then i had the bike dyno tune and it got even quieter. wish i went to the 2in but would have to dyno tune again just for a little extra sound

Quick Reply: Rush 1.75". ? Upsize to 2" baffle?