Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

side mount license plate question

Old 03-01-2010, 12:07 PM
CanadianViking
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default side mount license plate question

I want to side mount the license plate on my X-Bones (Road6Customs or perhaps Roto-plate).

Can anyone confirm if either of these products work with Canadian Provincial license plates? I'm not sure but I think the Canadian plates are larger than the U.S. state plates????

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I just measured an old plate I have laying around (they haven't changed in over 50 years that I know of) and its 4" tall by 7" wide.
If yours is different you'll have to judge if its still going going to fit or not.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Dennis@TopDownProducts
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianViking
I want to side mount the license plate on my X-Bones (Road6Customs or perhaps Roto-plate).

Can anyone confirm if either of these products work with Canadian Provincial license plates? I'm not sure but I think the Canadian plates are larger than the U.S. state plates????

Thanks!
We have sold quite a few to Canada, Alberta and Newfoundland for example. They did require some trimming, but you will need to do that for any License Plate Mount/Frame since everyone only offers the 4x7 frame.

Also, this week we are having a Daytona Bike Week Sale , discounted Roto-Plates and FREE Shipping in the US. For you being outside of the US we will discount your shipping so you get the same overall discount as our US customers.

www.topdownproducts.com

Old 03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Jaxx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man, our plates are 8" x 5", quite a bit larger and just plain ugly.

Anyways, not sure if you are aware of this but Alberta law restrictions state the license has to be mounted to the rear fender or rear fender mud deflector. If you move it to the side, there is a good chance you will get hassled by the cops when they are having a bad day or looking to give out a ticket. Don't quote me but I think there are also restrictions against altering the plate in any way?? Someone else might want to step in on this one.

I live in Edmonton and was looking to do the same thing after I chopped the rear fender on my Rocker, now I am trying to decide if I will have a new plate holder fabber up for the back fender or risk getting hassled...

Old 03-02-2010, 12:09 PM
CanadianViking
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've heard that here in Alberta the plate is to be mounted on the fender (I would imagine it is the same in other provinces/states as well). I am going to accept the risk of being hassled by LE (atleast until I get my first ticket )

Jaxx is right about the size, Alberta (and I would guess most Canadian provinces) plates are 8"x5" - so that will impact the mount I can get.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:00 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

i want to side mount mine too! not sure of law here,ours are big *** too!