Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fishtails are now installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 04:01 PM
McRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Malingerer
I had problems with the u pipe being close as well that was the real PITA part.You just need to turn the head pipe upwards a little until it clears the rear of the inner cover.Same bikes, same exhaust It can be done with a little fiddling of the head pipe .Pm me your email and I will shoot you some close up pics .Dont let that chrome cover go unused.If I can do it any one can.If you search Malingerers Gangster Style Deluxe in the Softail Section you can see some pics with the inner cover and cholos.
Just PM you
thanks

Old 11-17-2010, 10:31 AM
rayrayray
Intermediate

The biggest problem installing my samson fishtails was tightening the header nut behind the u-pipe on the 2nd jug. Did anyone have complications with this?

I had to get a set of crows feet wrenches and shave it down. I hope I never have to take it apart.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:39 AM
McRider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rayrayray
The biggest problem installing my samson fishtails was tightening the header nut behind the u-pipe on the 2nd jug. Did anyone have complications with this?

I had to get a set of crows feet wrenches and shave it down. I hope I never have to take it apart.
Yes, that was the real painful part. I had a swivel sockect and an extenstion but I still had to move the oil return hoses out of the way. Unfortunately I have to take it apart again to replace the flanges.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rayrayray

Oh HELL YES.I got a cheap open end wrench and bent the head like 90* in my vice.It was the only thing that seemed to work for me.Even the crows feet ends were too big to fit in that tight spot.Even with that set up I could only get like an 1/8 th of a turn before I had to re position the wrench on the nut.What a PITA.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by McRider
Yes, that was the real painful part. I had a swivel sockect and an extenstion but I still had to move the oil return hoses out of the way. Unfortunately I have to take it apart again to replace the flanges.
I can confirm a swivel socket with an extension are the best tools to use on the rear crossover head pipe. the pipe is tucked in as close as possible to prevent anyone from being subjected to heat from the pipe and for the best looks. make sure you install the u-pipe heat shield after the head pipe is secured. if anyone has any other issues with installation please let us know. we would be glad to help walk you through any situation no matter what it may be. we are here to help.
thank you,
JR

Old 11-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Its nice to see Samson helping out and standing behind their products!

Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 PM
acemm89
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Mcrider How long are those pipes?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:12 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

McRider hasn't been active since 7/21/2011 so I don't think your going to get an answer from him. They look pretty short, maybe 28"?

Old 07-17-2012, 03:30 PM
acemm89
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
McRider hasn't been active since 7/21/2011 so I don't think your going to get an answer from him. They look pretty short, maybe 28"?
Thanks you Im just about to order them through dr.vtwin, and wanted to make sure