Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Softail?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 03:55 AM
LTBiker
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Agree with the OP. I think a Heritage-style bike coming from the factory with the hard bags and batwing would be a big seller. Get the lower seat height and the B motor; the leather bags look good but aren't nearly as user-friendly as the touring hard bags, and I for one am just tired of the rubber-mounted motor models shaking at idle. Sold my E-Glide today, in the market for a Softail now.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Recon Dad
I like my Heritage Softail Classic. Could of bought a bagger but liked the softail better.
Oh Yea, I love my Heritage as well. The softails are just so much easier to ride than the touring models. I've been on Ultras and RKs and like the ST so much more. All nice bikes and each has it's purpose.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:07 AM
gpp
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i put a woodies fairing on my bike and love it.lighter,radio,and softail ride.got about 1100$ in it.

Attached Thumbnails New Softail?-img_0758.jpg  
Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Soft422
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman in NC
Nice day here today in NC. Took a ride and stopped my local dealership. All the new bikes look great and the new 'blackline' is really nice looking. Got me thinking. HD needs to come out with a new model, softail with hard bags and maybe even a fairing. Could even call it the ' Softail Classic'. Hope some of the designers are on this forum and can think about that.
I'm with some of the other posters on this one. If you want a bike with hard bags and a fairing, buy a bagger. I like my Heritage, with the leather bags and the studs. I can't imagine putting a fairing on it or replacing the leather bags with hard bags. To each his own but it seems the whole world is getting caught up in the bagger craze. Having said all of that, if the demand is there for such a Softail, I would not be surprised if Harley introduces such a bike in the future.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just suggesting it as a new model for HD. Not sure if it would be me either. I like my leather bags (especially after Boss Bags did their thing to them) and windshield instead of a fairing. Never was one for a sterio system anyway. As far as the name 'Classic', it would be just a Classic and not a Heritage Classic. If my Heritage was gone right now for some reason I'd probably buy another one.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I went by the dealer this weekend to look at the new blackline and this was my take on it.

It's larger than a sportster and would be easy to mod. The bars do not rest on risers though. Each bar (lefthand and right) is it's own seperate bar, extending through the triple tree with a nut on the end. Engine is two tone, bottom black and top grey. Price is about $10,000.

This bike could be tricked out to look pretty sweet, but stock it was not very impressive and it seemed designed to suit the woman rider (bars looked girly). Again, it could be modded into a pretty cool sled. JMO

Old 02-21-2011, 11:44 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
I went by the dealer this weekend to look at the new blackline and this was my take on it.

It's larger than a sportster and would be easy to mod. The bars do not rest on risers though. Each bar (lefthand and right) is it's own seperate bar, extending through the triple tree with a nut on the end. Engine is two tone, bottom black and top grey. Price is about $10,000.

This bike could be tricked out to look pretty sweet, but stock it was not very impressive and it seemed designed to suit the woman rider (bars looked girly). Again, it could be modded into a pretty cool sled. JMO
Let me know what dealer you were at , Id buy one today a t $ 10,000 I think the MSRP is 15,499.

I saw one at the dealer and I like it , I think they have a lot of potiential for modifiying

Old 02-21-2011, 11:50 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XARAN
Let me know what dealer you were at , Id buy one today a t $ 10,000 I think the MSRP is 15,499.

I saw one at the dealer and I like it , I think they have a lot of potiential for modifiying
My BAD!!!! you are right. It was a sporster that was right next to it for $10,000.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:41 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
My BAD!!!! you are right. It was a sporster that was right next to it for $10,000.
Dang ... I was just countin' out my $10k for one of those elcheapo blacklines too!

A sportster for $10K!!!! I bought a 2009 833 Lo very late in 2008 for less than $7000 ... and traded it back in for $6999 a year later on my 2010 Fatboy ... was it a 1200? Did it have some dealer installed goodies on it?
PS: the stealership still hosed me on the deal ... they get you one way or another ...

Old 02-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Fuji
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting idea. Honda did this with the 500 cc Silverwing in the early 1980s. The bikes were very popular.
I have a 2011 Deluxe in the garage and bought a Road King about a month ago after considering the HC. Both bikes are equally easy to ride, though I prefer the RK for my 85-mile roundtrip commute to work.
I might have opted for a Baby Glide, though.

Quick Reply: New Softail?