Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air filter and Power commander

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:13 PM
TheNameIs"B"
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like another member said, call Jamie at Fuelmoto. They can have you set up in a jiffy. They sent me my AC and Power Commander already programmed. Simply plug and ride, no issues at all. There are other options as you will see looking through the forum, but Fuelmoto makes it easy and affordable. Good luck with whatever you decide.
b

Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 PM
stromboli725
2nd Gear

Arleness big sucker kit is a good bang for the buck as well can use your "football" cover or run it with no cover at all, weather permitting of course it goes for about 100.00 and comes with everything needed to install. Alot of air cleaners out there require you to get a breather kit and carb/efi bracket as well so keep an eye out for that.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:40 PM
The Big TD
1st Gear

Well after a long abscense (due to military obligations) I finally have an update for you! haha.

I went with the Arlen Ness "Big Sucker" AC, PC V, and bought Rush's 2" slip-on mufflers

the dyno showed +14.5hp/10tq!

Thanks for all the help!!

Old 06-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by The Big TD
Well after a long abscense (due to military obligations) I finally have an update for you! haha.

I went with the Arlen Ness "Big Sucker" AC, PC V, and bought Rush's 2" slip-on mufflers

the dyno showed +14.5hp/10tq!

Thanks for all the help!!
Well done, Welcome home, and thank you for your service to keep us free.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Arlen Ness Big Sucker I and yeah, it's a good deal.. air filter covers are of course everywhere.. unless you get creative with your football cover ..and just because I can, i will post these photos a thousand times over and not get tired of it..

Old 06-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master

sorry I don't mean any harm, but I was searching 'air filters' trying to find out if the filter on my ride is 'washable' or not. Looks exactly like pictured filter on Sgt Jims post. I have a '03 FXDL and previous owner musta put on a Screaming Eagle air filter.....sez that on the cover. SM manual sez to wash the filter, but mine isn't the OE pictured in the SM so rather then do some thing stupid, I thought I'd ask....OK? Thanks

Old 06-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin Dave
sorry I don't mean any harm, but I was searching 'air filters' trying to find out if the filter on my ride is 'washable' or not. Looks exactly like pictured filter on Sgt Jims post. I have a '03 FXDL and previous owner musta put on a Screaming Eagle air filter.....sez that on the cover. SM manual sez to wash the filter, but mine isn't the OE pictured in the SM so rather then do some thing stupid, I thought I'd ask....OK? Thanks
if it's a K&N style filter, then they make a cleaning/recharging kit for it that'll take care of it for you

http://www.knfilters.com/clningacc.htm

Old 06-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master

The mounting plate has the H-D emblem embossed at the 12 o-clock position and sez; "For H-D Twin Cam Covers only." One side of the rubber mount has AO55E4 and the other mount has AO63A4. The filter itself is stuck in/melted into those rubber mounts. There are no brand IDs anywhere other than on that steel plate. Thanks for the response.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master

Took the filter to the local HD store. The filter is a Stage 1 Screaming Eagle kit. Filter is a K&N made for HD. Cleaned it real well and re-sprayed. It's all good now. Thanks