Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Crossbonesgirl
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Seat?

I am looking at purchasing a custom seat for my 09 Crossbones. I am looking at the Mustang seats. Any opinions out there???

Old 03-16-2011, 09:01 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

They sit you really high but are quite comfortable. Are you just looking for a more comfortable seat or to be lower to the ground and possibly closer or further back as well?

Drew

Old 03-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Crossbonesgirl
Advanced

I would like to be lower to the ground but also looking for comfort. Are corbin's any better?

Old 03-16-2011, 09:27 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,888 Likes on 4,674 Posts

Mustang seats are thick and that's the reason they are so comfortable. But the stock FLSTSB seat is pretty tall too. If you want comfort you can't do better than a Mustang.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:58 PM
FatBoyLarry
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crossbonesgirl
I would like to be lower to the ground but also looking for comfort. Are corbin's any better?
I've had Corbin and they are OK...I've not had Mustang but have sat on bikes with them...they do seem very comfortable, and I guess it's the thickness.

I had the Corbin Hollywood solo on my Road King...looked cool as heck but was not comfortable and had no "bucket"...showy, but not a riders seat.

I may take a good look at a Mustang solo...because you can get a backrest for it. something the motor company doesn't offer...although I believe Corbin offers a solo w/ a backrest.

I mean no hate to Corbin...overall good seat, but if you are going to do 100 mile rides...stay away from the Hollywood.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:31 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I find Corbin's to be hard, Just my opinion. If you are looking to get lower to the ground look into a C&C or a LaPera. I run a C&C LoPro solo and I find it very comfortable and it it really sites me in the bike as opposed to on it. This is the best way I can explain it. Here is a pic of mine.

Drew

Old 03-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Crossbonesgirl
Advanced

Beautiful Bike! Thanks for sharing the pics! I will look into the C&C and LaPera.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:10 AM
twofish
Road Master

Originally Posted by Crossbonesgirl
I am looking at purchasing a custom seat for my 09 Crossbones. I am looking at the Mustang seats. Any opinions out there???
I’ve had Mustang Seats on all my bikes for years.
Super high quality and comfort.
NT
http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...Night%20Train/

Old 03-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

Very pleased with my Mustang seat here.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:10 AM
georgemcghee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a mustang solo with rider backrest top notch seat and very comfortable. i have a c&c solo no backrest good looking seat not the most comfortable i have ever rode, not bad for 100 mile days. i have done 3 and 400 mile days on it just not the most comfortable. just depends on the kind of riding you like to do. one more plug if you like your stock seat but just not comfortable enough send it off to mean city, i just bought a road king and was thinking about a solo for it, but the person i bought from had mean city put double memory foam in seat and that thing is like sitting on my recliner, think i will ride it for awhile. did 200 miles on it sat. and was very impressed. will know more next week will be doing a couple 400 mile days.

Quick Reply: Mustang Seat?