Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines longshots

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:37 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Vance and Hines longshots

I was gonna go with fishtails but descided they werent for me.Thinking of some long shots for my deluxe.Let me know what you guys think of them who are running them.Are they loud ,how does your bike run with them ,how are they on descel.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:47 PM
RogInDallas
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not Longshots, but just put a set of Straightshots on. Didn't change the air cleaner, and haven't had the EFI update downlaoded (HD wants about $250 for that). Like the sound (though I'm toying with the idea of getting the V&H "quiet" baffles (about $60). Occasional "popping" on decel. Overall --- Happy.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Big shot longs. One piece. Nice loud sound. Nice one piece chrome look. No bluing or yellowing like the longshots.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:15 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

I'm running the Double Barrel Longs on my Deluxe. They're the "Q" Series, which means they come with special V&H quiet baffles in them. They sound great and run great. I've got the V&H FuelPak on both bikes as well and it seems to run smoothly with the pipes. I'm sold on the V&H pipes in general. I don't think you'll go wrong with anything. But I do recommend the qb's no matter what pipes you get. I put them in my straight shots I use to have on my Sportster and was much happier. They really bring down the tone to a more rumble sound and keep your ears from hurting as much.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:19 PM
RogInDallas
6th Gear

JBG - How easy (or hard) was it to put in the quiet baffles?

Old 05-22-2011, 10:41 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The quest baffle install is much easier if the pipes are not on the bike.

Drew

Old 05-22-2011, 10:48 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RogInDallas
JBG - How easy (or hard) was it to put in the quiet baffles?
The Dr. is right... the qb's are MUCH easier to install before you put the pipes on the bike. However with the Double Barrel Longs, they come pre-installed. And for that matter, when I bought my BSS directly from V&H, they pre-installed them for me as well. And they added the nice chrome slash cut tips which really make it pop. I did install the qb's on my Sportsters straighshots a couple years back though. It took maybe an hour? It was harder with them already on the bike. I think I ended up just pulling the slippons off and doing it that way, then reinstalling them. But either way, an hour at the most.

Last edited by jbg; 05-22-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:50 PM
bloomington g
Road Captain

Longshots with BCT Monster baffles. Loud. Pipes have a deep exhaust tone that is even deeper if you run without any baffles. The pipes bark in a good way when you lay into the throttle. On decel, there is the typical rumble, gurgle, and occasional popping you get with any aftermarket pipe especially long ones. Stock V&H baffles were raspy. My bike has SERT and Big Sucker air cleaner. I have had no problems with yellowed or blued pipes (pipes have been on the bike since new).

Old 05-23-2011, 04:26 PM
wing_rdr
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We went with long Double Barrel Q's on my wife's 08 Deluxe with SE air and SERT. Louder than stock but not obnoxious. They have a really nice cadence sound to them. Her bike is louder than my 07 UC running a 103 with Monster Ovals. ported and poished heads etc. I would recommend them.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife had them on her FB and we loved em. Deep and menacing sound.

Shakey

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines longshots