Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signal connector help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I would rather do it the right way the first time. I don't like to cut and splice wires if I can help it. I am away from home for months at a time and don't want to not have a part if I need it during my time off. So again if any one knows what connector that is in the pic on my last post please help me out so I can order a couple. Thanks

Last edited by Misbehaven; 06-10-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:07 AM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rakthi
You got a 2011 with the canbus system... haven't seen those connectors yet are they the same as on the older model?

If they are, this should be the procedure - see picture
x2 this would be correct

Old 06-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

OK so what kind of , name of, type of, connector/terminal is shown in this picture. I am not asking how to do it, or if I should splice my wires,or if I am wasting my time to get the parts. I just want to order the the two pieces shown in this pic. that is all.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:38 AM
colonelangus1
Road Master

you can get all of this from your local dealer i did even used their crimping tool.splicing wires done properly is fine,and i have done it for my coil and horn relocation because i had no other options at the time..i wanted this to look as if the factory did my mods and it does for little cost and effort.

heres a few pics of when i did mine first i modified the rear taillight and signal harness added new female plugs for the signals to plug into which requires different pins as shown in pics also plug for taillight i changed to tombstone and the headlight harness modified for spots and a fender light.all the plugs are the same front and rear so pics are correct

Last edited by colonelangus1; 06-10-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Guys I know you are all trying to help but you need to understand I will not be home until July 3rd thru the 4th then I am gone again. Due to the nature and sensitivity of my job I just simply can not stop at a Harley dealer to get what I need before I get home. I really really really would like to find these parts and order them online because on July 3rd - 4th the harley shop where I live will be closed.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

The one in the picture is an AMP Multilock Connector.

They come in various sizes. 2 pin, 4 pin, 6 pin etc etc ... since you don't know which one you really need ...

Also did a search and found a company that sells handlebar extension kits for 2011 bikes (I know you don't need that one, but it shows the plugs) ... doesn't look like what I got on mine at all ... Guess you better send an email to your dealer or HD Customer Service and ask them what you really need.

2011 extension kit:
http://www.namzcustomcycleproducts.c...kits_2011.html

Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

They come in various sizes. 2 pin, 4 pin, 6 pin etc etc ... since you don't know which one you really need ...

Also did a search and found a company that sells handlebar extension kits for 2011 bikes (I know you don't need that one, but it shows the plugs) ... doesn't look like what I got on mine at all ... Guess you better send an email to your dealer or HD Customer Service and ask them what you really need.

2011 extension kit:
Hey man thanks for the heads up and link. Your right the ends do look like a different plug. I guess I might just have to break out the ol soldering gun. Sh%t man I suck at soldering but I guess it cant be to hard. Again thanks.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:23 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

HD of Danburry seems to have most connectors and assorted bits on their website ... why not ask them what you need and order it?

http://www.shophdofdanbury.com/searc...&sortOrder=rel

Old 06-10-2011, 07:17 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts
Old 06-10-2011, 01:53 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master

2011 extension kit:
the turn sugnal connector is under the right side of the tank and both signals are connected with the same connector check your manual its all right there..using the extension kit will only add to the amount of wire you have to deal with and the connectors still have to come apart to fish them through anything like bars etc.the easiest way is to remove tank disconnect the plug take the pins out and do your mods and put it back together as if it had always been that way ..imo
the connector is called a 6 position tab housing but really you dont need harley connectors you could use any brand on the shelf as long as its a 6 wire connector
heres a link to bike bandit pic shows you front signal connector in the wiring harness top right side of pic
http://www.bikebandit.com/2003-harle...8387#sch608956

Last edited by colonelangus1; 06-10-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Turn signal connector help?