Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with a Heritage, or similar seat .. hows your butt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:21 AM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,969 Likes on 614 Posts

I added a bolt-on backrest which seemed to help a lot. For me anyway, it seemed more about spending time in the saddle and being conditioned to ride...rather than the seat itself.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have two Corbin seats. I have a solo with detachable backrest & a 2-up with detachable backrests too. I swear by Corbin. I had a Le Pera bare bones (with gel insert), and my butt was sooooo sore after about 150 miles. I found myself shifting, sliding, rocking, etc... just trying to get comfortable, without much success. Now, that I sold my Le Pera, and found a great deal on a Corbin solo to match my 2-up that I already had, I am much happier. You are going to pay a pretty penny for the Corbin seats, but to me... it is so worth it. Corbin claims that a new seat from them, requires around 2,000 miles, before it is broken in. I have had my new solo for around 800 miles now, and if it's not going to be broken in for another 1,200 miles... I CAN'T WAIT to see how comfy it's gonna be then. It is already pretty darn comfy. Anyways, check'em out.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Triple M
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Night Stalker
I have two Corbin seats. I have a solo with detachable backrest & a 2-up with detachable backrests too. I swear by Corbin. I had a Le Pera bare bones (with gel insert), and my butt was sooooo sore after about 150 miles. I found myself shifting, sliding, rocking, etc... just trying to get comfortable, without much success. Now, that I sold my Le Pera, and found a great deal on a Corbin solo to match my 2-up that I already had, I am much happier. You are going to pay a pretty penny for the Corbin seats, but to me... it is so worth it. Corbin claims that a new seat from them, requires around 2,000 miles, before it is broken in. I have had my new solo for around 800 miles now, and if it's not going to be broken in for another 1,200 miles... I CAN'T WAIT to see how comfy it's gonna be then. It is already pretty darn comfy. Anyways, check'em out.
I loved the stock Heritage seat. It was comfortable to me. I am vertically challenged (5'5") so it was little wide in the nose(couldn't flat foot the bike at a stop) and set me back a little too far. I bought a super reduced seat from Harley and it moved me forward and the nose was more narrow than stock(could flat foot the bike at a stop) which fixed the previous problem. The new problem is it is not as comfortable. I have owned Mustangs, great seat, nose too wide, and Ultimate seat, exceptional, but it raised me up too much. So I am still looking for the perfect seat. I have looked at Corbin and was wondering how it compared to the stock Heritage concerning width, and how it changed your seating.
I know I can lower the bike but I drag the boards now and I can only imagine how it would be lowered.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 AM
brickie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTroupe
I switch seats three times before settling on an Ultimate Solo with back rest. My bladder gives out before my butt.
+ 1 on the Ultimate seat. I've had the 2 up version with back rest for about three years now and love it. Stock seat wasn't all that bad but no comparison to the ultimate. Pricey yes but well worth it.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:16 AM
goatdriver
Advanced

Mean City Cycles. Sent my stock seat to them with notes on what I didn't like. Came back very quickly, and have had some 400+ days with no problems.

Originally Posted by brickie
+ 1 on the Ultimate seat. I've had the 2 up version with back rest for about three years now and love it. Stock seat wasn't all that bad but no comparison to the ultimate. Pricey yes but well worth it.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:13 AM
tread
Outstanding HDF Member

Before I went on a 700 mile run a few years ago I picked a Heritage seat off of ebay and put it on my night train. It felt great. The only thing I didnt like that it looked like a fat chick with tight pants on and the studs realy looked like crap. Saying that I think they look great on the bikes they were meant for.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:24 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

IMO its the best seat I've every had, and have no reason to change it out.

Wife and I ride 2-3hrs every day we can (uaually 4-5 times a week) and I've went on lots of 4-8 hrs rides. It fits my big butt just fine.

32k on it and I will replace with another stocker when its time for a new one.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:30 AM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love my original 2003 Heritage seat it seems broke in for me I've done 400-500 mile days and it didn't bother me like my old 1983 dresser seat did. Would love having a backrest for it though so I might consider one of the Ultimate seats , anybody got a link to their site?
Don Enlow (FlyLow)

Old 07-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple M
I loved the stock Heritage seat. It was comfortable to me. I am vertically challenged (5'5") so it was little wide in the nose(couldn't flat foot the bike at a stop) and set me back a little too far. I bought a super reduced seat from Harley and it moved me forward and the nose was more narrow than stock(could flat foot the bike at a stop) which fixed the previous problem. The new problem is it is not as comfortable. I have owned Mustangs, great seat, nose too wide, and Ultimate seat, exceptional, but it raised me up too much. So I am still looking for the perfect seat. I have looked at Corbin and was wondering how it compared to the stock Heritage concerning width, and how it changed your seating.
I know I can lower the bike but I drag the boards now and I can only imagine how it would be lowered.
As for the stock seat, I don't really know. I purchased my bike used, about 5 years ago. It came with the 2-up Corbin seat already. I wanted a solo seat, so I went through about 3-4 seats, before finding my SUPER deal on the solo Corbin I have now. I took some pics, to try to help you get an idea of the way the seat is laid out. I am roughly 5'10", and weigh about 175. I do run the stock floorboards. I am very comfortable in my seating position... especially when I add on the backrest for long hauls. The only thing I am going to change, is the floorboards themselves. I am going to add the extensions. Should make it ideal for me at that point. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

*I don't know why that 2nd pic is upside down. Sorry!*

Attached Thumbnails Those with a Heritage, or similar seat .. hows your butt?-photo-1.jpg   Those with a Heritage, or similar seat .. hows your butt?-photo-2.jpg   Those with a Heritage, or similar seat .. hows your butt?-photo-3.jpg  

Last edited by Night Stalker; 07-04-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: ???
Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 PM
MuttnJeff
Tourer

Don't know what brand seat I got, picked it up real cheap and it's like sitting on a nice comfy sofa. Even has plenty of lower back support which is good as I have a bum back.The pillion is huge too! Chicks love long rides on it! I'll see if I can find a maker and style for ya.

Quick Reply: Those with a Heritage, or similar seat .. hows your butt?