Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine guard Fatboy LO

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm 6' and mustache is fine. If I need to stretch I just put my foot over it and rest my ankle on it. I also keep my left foot up and knee bent and is my most comfortable riding position

Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't use to use the footrest but now that I have my pullback risers on it's actually not bad at all. I can lean back a lot more and with my feet on the mustache bar I can tuck my knees against the tank and it's not too bad.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:14 AM
TennesseeGene
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the Gloss Black Engine Guard Kit and Gloss Black Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit Long-Angled. I am short (5' 8" 29" inseam) I need to be able to rest the back of my ankles on the pegs for long hauls. will this setup look ok and provide adequate room to sprawl out on the open road or should i cancell them and try to find something different? Kinda diggin the Guard but not sure bout those funny mounting kits

Old 05-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeGene
I just ordered the Gloss Black Engine Guard Kit and Gloss Black Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit Long-Angled. I am short (5' 8" 29" inseam) I need to be able to rest the back of my ankles on the pegs for long hauls. will this setup look ok and provide adequate room to sprawl out on the open road or should i cancell them and try to find something different? Kinda diggin the Guard but not sure bout those funny mounting kits
I have the shorter ones on mine and my knees are bent when I'm using them. I'm 6ft with 32" inseam. I love them one of the best mods I have done very comfortable.

this may give you an idea of what it looks like.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:12 PM
WillyT
Novice
Default Mustache engine guard

I have the mustache version on 2012 FB Lo, like the way it looks and havent dragged it yet, although have had the floor boards rub a bit on real hard turns "always a scary moment that slows me down quick"
Cheers

Attached Thumbnails Engine guard Fatboy LO-p5020396-sm.jpg  

Last edited by WillyT; 05-09-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: image did not load
Old 05-09-2012, 01:14 PM
WillyT
Novice

tried to insert image but it i guess it didnt work

Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default no drag

Got them on my 11 Fatboy Lo and the only time they drug the ground was when I took off with the steering neck still locked. Saved some paint and thank Heavens all my buddies had already left(humbleing moment for the old guy who should know better). I'm short on inseam (29") to and the foot rests were ok on the left but aircleaner got in the way on the right. Now have changed air cleaner to an S&S tuned one and both sides work. One of my first accessorys and have had them on all my bikes over the years just for those oopps.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:38 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

in 5yrs and 36k I've only touched the boards 3-4 times but never the guard.

Actually I've never heard of anyone in here touching the guards. Pipes,, yes, board and pegs, yes.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Leonidas__300
Intermediate

Damn, I really like the look of both the mustache and the traditional based on some of these pics! Now i'm not so certain which one i'll go with!

Old 09-03-2012, 03:14 PM
TennesseeGene
Cruiser

I know this is alittle old, but I dragged the crap out of my engine guards and footboard pans...good news is that the damage is very hard to see and even then only if you are looking for it. I love the engine guard and it did hit after the footboards...I was aggressively leaning as I entered the highway and it was a decreasing radius corner...yes onto the highway weird right?...anyway i was comming off of my yamaha vstar 1100 custom with a much steeper leaning angle and just layed right real hard and scared the poop out of myself and almost stopped in the area between where the interstate starts and the ramp meets it as I about dumped it by trying to sit up too fast. Not a proud moment for me, but My cousin was behind me so as he passed me I followed him well under control and when we stopped at the next exit i actually had to push my footboard down a bit and saw the damage to the board was on the outside a little bit but the under and outer curve of the engine guard was pretty gummed up with the paint but it was not to the metal like the footboard was...really liking the engine guard for that...

I am also embarassed to say that while riding, I followed my cousin and did not know the route, he stopped into a small side lot off of the road and rose a tight slow circle back to the entrance we came in and I followed too close and he stopped. I thought he intended to pull all the way to the road and wait to back track, but he stopped. I had to pull the brake and started to set the heavy fatboy over on its right side but the engine guard, thankully already damaged stopped it...no extra noticable damage and still not to the paint...all in all well worth the 200 bucks as I would have had lots of other parts to replace.

Who knew I was getting it, and worrying it would look bad, just for highway pegs, but now I love it and I love the looks as they grew on me.

Let the clowning on my bad habbits and how I almost dumped her like an idiot comence LOL

Quick Reply: Engine guard Fatboy LO