Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rate Your Seat In Hours?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a mustang seat.
While riding with the stocker,600 mile days were a breeze,til the next morning. My mustang seat seems to have a firmness that is just perfect for me. I have 2 herniated disks in my lower back and the stock seats roundness where my backbone pressed against it caused my back to curve and get stiff. The mustang is more cut in than curved,so it keeps my back a bit more straight.
That seat was the best money I put into that bike next to gas. And I bought it off a member here for half price,and it never got installed. It never even got opened. It was in the original packing and the outside tape was still virgin. I love that seat

Old 02-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm interested in reports of the skinny-*** solo seats I see people getting (though they look cool as hell) where you can tell there's no more than about 2" padding and I know those won't hold you for an afternoon in the saddle.

Myself, I'm training my *** by sitting in a hard *** seat at the office all day. Anything's an improvement after 8 hours of that.

Though, for a long haul, I would be interested in this springer seat setup:

Last edited by Benway; 02-05-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:03 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
LePera Bare Bones 2.5 then a stretch and back on.
+1 on my Le Pera BB with gel. I usually have to take a wizz every 2-3 hours anyway...

Old 02-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Bop49
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Mustang wide solo with backrest and pass. pillion. On stock fatboy seat after 25-30 miles the pressure points were so uncomfortable. Did some research on past posts on the most comforatable seat and Mustang had the most following. Pricey at $600.00 but after using it I have no regrets. The backrest is amasing. I can ride all day long. I love it. When you ride sore and with pain, It is not fun anymore.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Kadorja
Road Captain
Received 149 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
I'm interested in reports of the skinny-*** solo seats I see people getting (though they look cool as hell) where you can tell there's no more than about 2" padding and I know those won't hold you for an afternoon in the saddle.

Myself, I'm training my *** by sitting in a hard *** seat at the office all day. Anything's an improvement after 8 hours of that.

Though, for a long haul, I would be interested in this springer seat setup:

Actually the more padding could be worse depending on the seat design. My stock seat had some good padding built in but would cramp up my legs if I tried to stand up. Regardless I made it from FL to NC in about 8 hours with no issues.

My 1925/40 solo seat I have on now is much thinner but way more comfortable. Its thinner but the material is a lot softer and holds/positions me a lot better. Not to mention the springs on the seat make it that much more comfortable.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:51 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

I can't believe I would ever say this, but the stock seat on my Heritage Springer is really comfortable! I can ride all day. No "hot spots" or pains at all. It is the most comfortable seat I have ridden on. My friend, who has an '03 Fatboy, sat on it for a minute and immediately vowed to buy one to put on his bike. It really is a great choice. I do not know what H-D special to the HS seat, but it really is awesome.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:58 PM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

I have a sundowner with a softbottom waffle gel 1" thick embedded in the seat. 13 hours with the usual gas stops... not great but certainly better than any stock seat I have ever used. The problem with the sundowner is that I should have had the seat neck narrowed a bit... but it sure beats my stock badlander!

C#

Old 02-05-2012, 10:04 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

C&C Solo - good for maybe 2 hours at a time;
C&C Sport Tour - good for a bit more, although we did nearly 300 miles (Southern Cal to Bishop) once and survived;
Mustang Wide Touring - good for as long as necessary;

Can't beat the styling of the C&C seats, but for distance you can't get any better than the Mustang.

Roger

Old 02-05-2012, 10:10 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my butt is good for 12 hours sitting on a 2 x 4. **** a bunch of custom seats.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:20 PM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 213 Likes on 160 Posts

can't do long rides w/o my wide mustang studded 2 up seat--don't believe ya can handle a 2X4 on the trips i go on

Attached Thumbnails Rate Your Seat In Hours?-bertha-001.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rate Your Seat In Hours?