Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somebody better pick up the slack around here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Saskrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, fmnspooch...what lowering kit or kits are you using on the softail?? and hows the ride?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back on my feet (literally). Here's what I got going on

New A/C
New Floor Boards
New Grips
New Tank badges
Custom 1.5 " Beach Bars from BR's bars with Exile int throttle
New Seat
Samson chrome exhaust brackets
Hub cap going back on with custom engraving and re chrome
Thinking about cutting the tips off my long tails and putting different tips on (MAY BE)
Putting the Fender tip on from a Road King Classic
Think thats about it

Old 03-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Rumbles
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I will chime in my new Slim was PDI'd today and there was a message on the phone from the dealership when I got home asking if I could call them with the insurance policy number so they can get it licenced and ready for pick up Friday or Saturday depending on the weather! So I'm pretty excited about that!!!

Attached Thumbnails Somebody better pick up the slack around here!-img00861-20120309-1249.jpg   Somebody better pick up the slack around here!-img00875-20120322-1453.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Detroit Iron
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I just requested input on performance upgrades. As long as we don't get these guys worried about who is and who ain't a "real rider" we'll be ok. I'd rather have the silence that read that ****.

Yeah, let's talk about bikes.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fmnspooch
I spoke to him the other day. wheels are done, just waiting on the hubs now. should be any day now...any day....

Indy finished my beach bars, chromite cables, internal wiring, grips and mirrors. Cholo's coming in on Thursday. I should have that wrapped up by the weekend so I can at least ride this weekend.

You'll like the shotgun. Its def. one of my better mods. No rush though, Im with you on the saving up for it part. weather is getting nice out. can't wait for Laconia bro.
Ya getting ready for Laconia. We'll have to hook up. Hotel is booked for the last weekend thurs/Friday/sat/sun

Or if anyone comes up to RI hit me up. Newport county is great and some good riding.

Originally Posted by Malingerer

New A/C
New Floor Boards
New Grips
New Tank badges
New Seat. What, your seat looks sick
Hub cap going back on with custom engraving and re chrome Thinking about putting the hub on too, I think it'll look good with the 21"
Thinking about cutting the tips off my long tails and putting different tips on (MAY BE)
Think thats about it

Last edited by kozy22; 03-27-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is what happens with a short winter.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nothing strikes my interested to post around here.. a lot of the new threads seem to be new people asking old questions over and over rather than using the search tool..

Old 03-27-2012, 09:06 PM
fmnspooch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Saskrider
ok, fmnspooch...what lowering kit or kits are you using on the softail?? and hows the ride?
Shotgun shock in the rear. nothng up front. love it bro. slamming that baby cruising down the highway feels just as good as eating the pink taco brother...ha ha ...right as rain

Originally Posted by Malingerer

New A/C
New Floor Boards
New Grips
New Tank badges
New Seat
Hub cap going back on with custom engraving and re chrome
Think thats about it
Bro, you hit the $363 million dollar lottery tonight. Ha ha. You got that **** down buddy. can't wait to see that transformation. NICE.

Originally Posted by Rumbles
I will chime in my new Slim was PDI'd today and there was a message on the phone from the dealership when I got home asking if I could call them with the insurance policy number so they can get it licenced and ready for pick up Friday or Saturday depending on the weather! So I'm pretty excited about that!!!
WOO HOO. Awesome man. cheers to you bro.

Originally Posted by Detroit Iron
I just requested input on performance upgrades. As long as we don't get these guys worried about who is and who ain't a "real rider" we'll be ok. I'd rather have the silence that read that ****.

Yeah, let's talk about bikes.
Yeah, thats an ongoing bunch of BS...a few buddies of mine and I call each other RUB's. its just a joke man. bottom line is this; I don't care who you are or what you do, if you ride, you ride. good enough for me man. its all about he wind in your face pal.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:08 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fmnspooch
Dude, your sled looks sick enough. you don't need to do anything pal. I dig that gangsta look man. sweet bike.
Thanks brother. Ya im about done with my Luxe. Just little things to do. I love the bike. I going to build a bagger. Gotta keep my bar hopper for sure. Your sled is coming together perfectly.

Stone

Old 03-27-2012, 09:12 PM
fmnspooch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kozy22
Ya getting ready for Laconia. We'll have to hook up. Hotel is booked for the last weekend thurs/Friday/sat/sun

Or if anyone comes up to RI hit me up. Newport county is great and some good riding.
Im in bro. waiting on my neighbor to commit too. but im pretty sure we'll be good for a couple of days for sure.

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
This is what happens with a short winter.
I hear that bro. Thought I had a few more weeks, but that went out the door with this 70 degree's last two weeks.

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
nothing strikes my interested to post around here.. a lot of the new threads seem to be new people asking old questions over and over rather than using the search tool..
Alot of the same ol same ol...oober boring lately, but maybe its just me. Ever since NC Deluxe finished his bike, there hasnt been a good thread to chime in on lately. Hoping some of the boys come out from under the bottle of Jack and report in. ha ha. effing awol man!

Quick Reply: Somebody better pick up the slack around here!