Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complaints???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Recovery21
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Complaints???

I know it's like beating a dead horse, but I have to ask. I have searched the forums with little luck. I want Samson true duals with the 36" slach cut mufflers. BUT I have heard from 3 different Harley dealers that Samson exhaust is bad. The only complaint I have read is about the O2 ports and how they are in the way. Any help as to guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Simple..... Stop listening to Harley dealers.....

Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Brawny MMC
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on that.I belive they are just as good and comparable to other exhaust out there,but will perform different than lets say a 2 into 1 or a 2 in to 2 exhaust.JMO.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 AM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

E Tu Brute?!? Didn't we just go over this?!?

Old 01-29-2013, 12:09 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,976 Likes on 3,048 Posts

That's because your dealer doesn't sell Samson's.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Recovery21
Advanced

Originally Posted by SprungDave
E Tu Brute?!? Didn't we just go over this?!?
Nobody said you HAD to comment... If it was just covered, then I missed it.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Recovery21
Advanced

I know they won't perform like most other exhaust systems, but I am not too concerned with that. I am not in it for the performance. I have Vance and Hines big shots on it now, but every softail I see around me has them and I hate it. They are great pipes and they are loud, but I want my bike to be different. Thanks for the actual help!!!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,867 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Recovery21
I have heard from 3 different Harley dealers that Samson exhaust is bad.
Why do they say they are bad? Bad for their business because they make more selling SE pipes? Search this forum and you'll quickly see how many Samson owners LOVE their exhaust system. Samson has an excellent reputation, the pipes are excellent quality and sound phenomenal. BTW, I am not a Samson employee or a paid endorser.

Samson model S3-431 on a 2012 Heritage

The only complaint I have read is about the O2 ports and how they are in the way.
In the way of what? My O2 ports are very easily accessible.

Here are pics of my O2 ports

Front

Rear

I say, if you like the Samsons go for it. You'll be very happy. Screw the dealers or what anyone else says.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Recovery21
Advanced

I appreciate the honesty! That is what I am going with, but just wanted some solid answers from actual owners. I have read several threads and posts about the positives but the dealers just started to get to me after a bit. One of them was a mechanic at Buffalo Choppers and will sell anything for the money. I just didn't want to make a bad decision and be out the money. My dad has had Samson rolled thunder slip-ons on his bike since 2001 when he bought it new. He still has it and sounds great! You are all right, screw the dealer and their comments. I still have to buy them from the dealer though because I have a 20% off coupon. I am ordering them this weekend.

Again. I appreciate the replies and I know these pipes have been talked about a lot, but I needed solid answers of my own after searching for negatives.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,867 Likes on 4,113 Posts

I appreciate the honesty! That is what I am going with, but just wanted some solid answers from actual owners. I have read several threads and posts about the positives but the dealers just started to get to me after a bit. One of them was a mechanic at Buffalo Choppers and will sell anything for the money. I just didn't want to make a bad decision and be out the money. My dad has had Samson rolled thunder slip-ons on his bike since 2001 when he bought it new. He still has it and sounds great! You are all right, screw the dealer and their comments. I still have to buy them from the dealer though because I have a 20% off coupon. I am ordering them this weekend.

Again. I appreciate the replies and I know these pipes have been talked about a lot, but I needed solid answers of my own after searching for negatives.
Well, it's good you are doing your homework. 20% off.... that's awesome. That will save you a bundle to spend on other parts <LOL>. The other benefit to ordering through the dealer is that THEY pay shipping. Good for you ! Enjoy the Samsons.

Quick Reply: Complaints???