Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats for an '06 FLST

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:12 PM
MLZ
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seats for an '06 FLST

I’m looking forsome feedback on seats for a 2006 FLST. This is the plain-Jane Heritage thatwas only offered in 2006, NOT the Heritage Classic.

I’m looking fora more comfortable passenger seat for my wife, and thought I’d upgrade both ourseats, since I can only ride a couple of hours before I need a break. I boughta Sundowner Deep Bucket that is listed for the ’00-’06 FLST, but as others havelearned before me, that seat doesn’t fit the ‘06 FLST. In fact, Harley didn’tmake a FLST from 2000 to 2005, just the 2006 model, so I assume the seat they’retalking about is for the Classic.

Does anyone haveany information they could share on what seats will fit my model? From what I’vebeen able to piece together from the mostly old information I’ve found so far,it seems that seats from the ‘07 and later HeritageClassic MIGHT work. But then I’ve also read where the Deluxe seat fits.

Briefly,my stock ’06 FLST seat is a two-piece style. The rider’s seat is attached withtwo nuts through the rear fender. Behind that is a pair of studs sticking upthrough the fender, with slots in the front of the passenger seat that slideinto these studs, before the rear nut is tightened down.

Without goinginto all the details, I’ve been searching the web and various forums forseveral weeks without finding an answer. I’ve also talked to a couple ofdealers, but they couldn’t help me, either. In fact, theparts guy at my local H-D dealer didn’t even know what the ‘06 FLST was. Heinsisted it was the Classic. I finally made him look it up on the Internet toprove that I wasn't just blowing smoke.

Asof now, I own a Sundowner Deep Bucket and Mustang Touring seat for this bike,neither of which fit, so I’d like to have some solid information before makinganother purchase. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:52 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Is this your bike?

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...ageSoftail.htm

Pics of your Sundowner would help me better understand whats going on. The bike above looks like the seat mounts the same as my Sundowner on my 06 FLSTF. The front of the Sundowner has a tab that slides into the frame, just behind the tank. And the rear of the Sundowner mounts with only one screw on top of the fender. You can see this in the pics.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...geSoftailc.jpg

Old 07-10-2013, 12:34 PM
MLZ
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KumaRide:

The lower photos are of my model. Hopefully I'll have a photo of mine, plus a couple of photos of my seat that I'm going to try to lift of of eBay when I post this. I don't care if the seat I replace it with is one piece or two, just so they are comfortable for the long haul.

MLZ

Kind of hard to see, but there are slots in the bracket at the front of the passenger seat, so that it slides in, rather than bolts through holes.

Last edited by MLZ; 07-10-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Photos didn't post.