Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shot gun shocks great

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 07:48 PM
draggindre
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shot gun shocks great

got the shot gun shock set up this weekend at the Laughlin river run. I really want to thank JD and the crew they made us fill at home like we had known them for years. also thanks to Jeff and Kelly for hanging with us during the install. the ride is great my wife has been unable to ride since last years ride she had back surgery. she rode with me all weekend with know problems she is very happy to be back on the bike. I should have got them installed along time ago great set up.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:58 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Ahhhhh... Another convert!

Old 04-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 753 Likes on 461 Posts

Damn it guys, just when I've convinced myself to go with the Progressive 422 RAPs one of you drag be back into questioning whether or not I should go with the SS.

Will you guys just stop complimenting Shotgun Shocks and JD!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2014, 08:25 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,953 Likes on 3,034 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluraven
Damn it guys, just when I've convinced myself to go with the Progressive 422 RAPs one of you drag be back into questioning whether or not I should go with the SS.

Will you guys just stop complimenting Shotgun Shocks and JD!!!!!!!!!!
Can't stop, undoubtedly the single best mod I've done to my bike.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:45 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Can't stop, undoubtedly the single best mod I've done to my bike.
Co-sign

I know Bluraven thinks we are just a bunch of cheerleaders but just at SoCalSlim....he thought the same thing, UNTIL he actually bought it and rode with them.

Then he was a cheerleader also.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by ghoticov
Co-sign

I know Bluraven thinks we are just a bunch of cheerleaders but just at SoCalSlim....he thought the same thing, UNTIL he actually bought it and rode with them.

Then he was a cheerleader also.
I don't think, I know you guys are SS cheerleaders and I've read very little to dispute it other than the cost.

I've certainly read enough to know I want the SS, I just don't think I've read enough to know if I should spend the coin on them.

Maybe JD could lend me a set to test drive.
If all is as many have said, I'd gladly keep them and not think twice about the money.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:10 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluraven
I don't think, I know you guys are SS cheerleaders and I've read very little to dispute it other than the cost.

I've certainly read enough to know I want the SS, I just don't think I've read enough to know if I should spend the coin on them.

Maybe JD could lend me a set to test drive.
If all is as many have said, I'd gladly keep them and not think twice about the money.
That makes ZERO sense. Lol

If you have read enough to know you want them, why would JD need to let you try them before buying them?

Old 04-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Ragnar
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghoticov
That makes ZERO sense. Lol

If you have read enough to know you want them, why would JD need to let you try them before buying them?

Actually, in a sense, JD did lend SoCalSlim a Shotgun Shock before he bought one, if I heard the story correctly. It just happened to be ON JD's personal Slim. I'll show anyone who wants to see it how it works, and if I know them, I'll possibly let them have a go.

I do get it - it is a chunk of change. I don't regret mine, but I was hedging too for a while, until I finally talked myself into taking the leap. The 6 months no financing deal sealed it for me - I could at least spread out the expense. Couple of hours of overtime a week, and done.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

Well the Wife thinks the passenger ride of the Heritage is just fine but if the SS is as good as everyone says she might change her tune.

She already knows I want the SS but questions the $1250 price tag.
She told me if I can raise the funds by getting rid of crap in my garage I could buy whatever the funds will allow.

Yea, I'm kitty whipped, but I've also been happily married for over 31 years and from my pic you can see I'm going to keep doing what it takes to keep her because just between you and me I can assure you that I married out of my league .

So in about a month I'm having a garage sale.
I hope she doesn't miss any of her ****, or at least not notice it until the SS is installed .

If I only raise $550 it looks like it will be Progressive 422 RAPs

I know JD reads the forum, JD you're not into giving to charity are you

Last edited by Bluraven; 04-27-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:10 PM
RyanS
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

JD & crew are awesome. I've had my shotgun for a year now and loving it. Saw them over at the Laughlin River Run too. Fun times... Enjoy the new ride..

Quick Reply: shot gun shocks great