Blackline Picture thread

Old 04-04-2019, 09:20 AM
RebelScout671
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where did and what size are your APES!?!?!

Originally Posted by DAGR

Old 04-04-2019, 01:44 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Someone pleeeeease identify this front end for me? Thnx!!

Old 04-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Blackp5ca
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

That's my old bike!
I cobbled that front end together. Fender was a fiberglass fender from Dark parts, drilled the holes high so it would hug the tire. (stock 21" rim, 100/100 Avon cobra tire) V-Rod headlight and cowl, had to fab up a bracket to make it work, used the bar risers mounting bolts to attach bracket. Fork covers are Lowbrow Customs for a sportster (39mm) had to cut about an inch off the top (distance between triples is shorter on the softail), they slide over the 41mm forks perfectly once trimmed. mounting I had to be a little creative, slotted the mounting tabs and added some spacers..they mount with the lower triple pinch bolt. (hard to explain but you'd understand if you had the parts in front of you) Front signals are Joker Machine, upper clamp was Todds Cycle, I used a set of Breakout bar risers and speedo mount, bars are Roland Sands, bar end mirrors are Joker Machine as well, grips are arlen ness (Drilled out the ends for the mirrors)
I have a short youtube video of the bike here if interested...feel free to ask if you have any specific questions, happy to help!

Old 04-06-2019, 08:33 AM
TLoud
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude that is awesome I love the look with those sportster fork cans. Brilliant idea! I just ordered a set for mine. Thanks man!

Old 04-06-2019, 01:43 PM
TLoud
Cruiser

Do you by chance have any more pictures of it with the fork cans on?

Old 04-11-2019, 01:55 AM
rquest
Road Master
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to quote, I'm talking about the Blackline and the question concerning the "blacked-out front end" posted just above.

Not sure about the ft end, It looks like it just may be fort tube covers that were powder coated black? The bike is definitely is sweet but I am guessing this picture was taken right before he burnt up the paint on his ft fender... I know I had my 'bitchin' fender sitting about 1/4 inch off my tire and when I went on my first freeway ride my tire got hot and expanded. Needless to say the paint started to bubble.

Last edited by rquest; 04-11-2019 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:35 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackp5ca
That's my old bike!
I cobbled that front end together. Fender was a fiberglass fender from Dark parts, drilled the holes high so it would hug the tire. (stock 21" rim, 100/100 Avon cobra tire) V-Rod headlight and cowl, had to fab up a bracket to make it work, used the bar risers mounting bolts to attach bracket. Fork covers are Lowbrow Customs for a sportster (39mm) had to cut about an inch off the top (distance between triples is shorter on the softail), they slide over the 41mm forks perfectly once trimmed. mounting I had to be a little creative, slotted the mounting tabs and added some spacers..they mount with the lower triple pinch bolt. (hard to explain but you'd understand if you had the parts in front of you) Front signals are Joker Machine, upper clamp was Todds Cycle, I used a set of Breakout bar risers and speedo mount, bars are Roland Sands, bar end mirrors are Joker Machine as well, grips are arlen ness (Drilled out the ends for the mirrors)
I have a short youtube video of the bike here if interested...feel free to ask if you have any specific questions, happy to help!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAu0XUl2Bw
that really noce of you to offer to help figuring it it out. Wish I had the tome tho.
You dod an amazing job with it. Bery creative and the quality and fit looks perfect.
You could make some
seeious cake by putting together kits for us to mount. That would work for me
haha
Thanks
a
million for you participation on this thread. I own a Slim and that kit would
look great on it. The MoCo thought so too. They must have seen your bike and copied you

Old 04-11-2019, 01:11 PM
Blackp5ca
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by rquest
EDIT: Sorry, I meant to quote, I'm talking about the Blackline and the question concerning the "blacked-out front end" posted just above.

Not sure about the ft end, It looks like it just may be fort tube covers that were powder coated black? The bike is definitely is sweet but I am guessing this picture was taken right before he burnt up the paint on his ft fender... I know I had my 'bitchin' fender sitting about 1/4 inch off my tire and when I went on my first freeway ride my tire got hot and expanded. Needless to say the paint started to bubble.
I ran that front fender for about 15,000 kms (9,400 miles give or take) without any issues, tire never expanded enough to touch the fender.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:46 AM
horns11
Stage II

Hey, what exhaust is that?

Old 06-03-2019, 11:22 PM
pistondealer
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blackline Picture thread