Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster Blog

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 04:50 AM
Dale Franks
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sportster Blog

In case anyone is interested, I've started a new blog about my Sportster experiences--although, since I don't have the bike yet, I haven't HAD any.

Anyway, the URL is http://1200c.blogspot.com if anyone's interested in reading about a new Harley owner's observations.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:09 AM
Tegne
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sportster Blog

Nice blog Dale. I can never find the time to keep posting regularly enough to maintain a blog. I usually collect some photos over a threemonth period and dump them onto my blog for family and friends to see.

My parents are similar to your mother. While they'll talk about the bike, they use words that makes it appear that they arereferring to someone else, rather than me. This is not my first bike (I rode during my 20's), but given that I'm now in a good job with wife, kid and two dogs, I think my fatherthoughtI'dhave 'grown out' of a motorcycle. They are horrified that my 9 year old daughter loves to ride pillion too.

I have a cobalt blue 2007 XL1200L. Fantastic bike and looks great. I love the contrasting colours of blue, black and chrome. Apart from the height, badge and wheels, our bikes are almost the same - just ordered a quick detach screen for longer rides too.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:26 AM
why_me
Cruiser

I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I have never written a blog, but then again, I've never owned a Harley before last weekend. So far, I'm very pleased with the bike, I am sure you will be as well.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool blog. Cool bike. Presumably, I'll be joining you in Sportster ownership in a couple of months or so. I haven't definitely chosen a color yet, but blue is my favorite color. I just wish the Low came in Pacific Blue. Oh, well, maybe an '08. Congratulations on your new bike, and I'll congrats you again when you actually pick it up. You'll love it.

Teek

Old 06-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Dr.Cool
Banned

Dale,
Nice job, I will leave a message tonight.
I use the same server.... http://harley1200.blogspot.com

Old 06-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Dale Franks
Road Captain

Thanks, Doc.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:51 PM
a2000
Advanced

Love the blog. I went down the almost the same road as you are going down now. I am a couple of months ahead of you. I have an '06 XL1200 Custom. Added very little so far other than Stage One and some removable bags. Skills came right back after a day or two. Put in a couple hundred over the weekend and am still ona high today. I am looking forward to continue to read your experiences.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:43 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Great blog, but you can save the line about it saving you money on gas for the wife. The distance between home and work will be as least 3 times further than it is now once you get the bike.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 AM
notmyspam32
Intermediate

Both nice blogs. Keep 'em go'n. I'm adding them to my bookmarks... :-)

I've started one myself recently. I'd been emailing information to friends about local rides I've taken and sending maps of the routes. Some of them had problems with their email reformatting links to things and such, so I decided to give a blog a shot. I was also influenced by Harley Mom's (Cindy Dietz) travel blogs, even though her travels are much more interesting than my local day rides.

Go Cindy!

Old 06-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Dale Franks
Road Captain

Thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully, I'll have a lot more to write about after I pick up my bike.

Quick Reply: Sportster Blog