Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thundermax- reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 730 Likes on 561 Posts

I can say all of the best dyno charts I have seen were on bikes with the Thundermax installed.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:34 AM
chief08
Road Master
Received 208 Likes on 105 Posts

[QUOTE=RandyElson;15284752]
Originally Posted by FISM
I look at this thing online at almost a grand. Is it worth the money? I use a PC3 and its a closed loop system. I know my bike runs hot in the summer, great in the winter, but a grand....theres got to be something just as good for halfr the cost.

Anyone got any opinions on this and what you running in your ride?

Thanks.[/QUOTE

Thundermax is junk hardstart problems you will never get the horse power you are capable of they don't return calls they don't return info on the Datta you send threw there trouble shoot bull **** stay away even stock is better then not being able to ride at all because you spent a 1000 dollars on a piece of **** tuner just saying
I'll take the piece of junk off your hands for a couple hundred bucks

Old 08-13-2016, 08:38 PM
Danimal..
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has got to be the worse product and customer service I've ever had...I build blown alcohol drag boats for a living so. Know a little bit about tuning any motor and this thing is a joke. I had a screamin eagle pro tuner on my 2013 Roadking CVO and granted I had to some adjustments to get it right, but when you spend $1000.00 and 400 miles later, my bike runs worse than the stock ECM. I hate to say it, but it's a piece of crap! I went into the program and manually adjusted it for better throttle response, air/fuel and then clicked on the "Auto Tune" before the ride was done the throttle response was worse then the lag you get when their stock. Bike was lurching, coughing and having a back fire when I tried to start it. Then out of the clear blue I get a "v in err" (Vin Error) WTF! Save yourself time, money and greef and buy a screaming eagle supertuner Pro have somebody the little experience help you out and you'll come our way ahead.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:38 PM
chief08
Road Master
Received 208 Likes on 105 Posts

[QUOTE=chief08;15286258]
Originally Posted by RandyElson
I'll take the piece of junk off your hands for a couple hundred bucks
offer still stands

Old 08-14-2016, 09:46 PM
Danimal..
Stage II

$600.00 and its yours...

Old 05-28-2017, 10:28 PM
Chandga
Stage I
Default Thunder max

Well worth the money. Have installed several different tuners(Harley super tuner, vance and Hines fuel PAC, Dyno jet) and this is by far the best.
Just load closest base map to your setup
Ride the bike
then plug in laptop and click "read/write learned fuel points"
Your done. Unless you are **** (like me) and want to do this several times
This tuner learns your exact setup and writes it to the base map, then continues to adjust tuning point on the fly while you ride.
Automatically adjusts for altitude, temperature, barometric pressure, etc.
Yes it is f__king expensive but no need for dyno tune
so add dyno cost to purchase price of other tuners then compare cost.
Then if you change cams, pipes, aircleaner, etc you don't need a new dyno run.
Just ride the bike, hook up your laptop, and press
"read/write learned fuel points"
your done again!!

Old 05-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts
Default Have experience with ThunderMax and PowerVision

After running around with the Power Vision for a few months now, I gotta say that it does juat as much as the ThunderMax in a much simpler way. With the screen being portable I can make adjustments on the fly, set autotune, save and flash the autotuned map immediately. With the ThunderMax I had to lug around a laptop or just wait until I got back home to save autotune results and flash them to the ECM.

I can't say anything bad about the performance of the ThunderMax or the support I received while I had it, it was just not as easy to operate as the Power Vision is. On top of that, the Power Vision was much cheaper and still will be after getting the wideband Target Tune unit, by a couple hundred bucks at least, yet it does just as much and is simpler to use. Hope this helps people on the fence to go one way or the other. Both are good products it just comes down to how simple you want the operation of the unit to be.

If you don't mind having to carry a laptop or waiting to get back home to save and flash autotune results, ThunderMax is a good choice. It wasn't a problem for me but when I was thinking of a tuner for the Roadster, the Power Vision was first on the list for sure. Plus that is what Hammer Performance recommends with their engine kits and that is the path I'm heading down so it was the logical choice for me.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:17 PM
jasonmartin279@yahoo.com
Stage I

bullshit