Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need Advise...Please

Old 05-24-2012, 09:22 PM
IronMan69
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I need Advise...Please

Ok guys, I have Iron 883N I bought brand new my first bike and so far I drove 1100 miles now. I did my upgrade all by myself. My latest upgraded I replaced my stock exhaust to V&H short staggered and also replaced my stock air cleaner into Kuryakin Hi-Five Mach2 air cleaner. Because of this upgrade I made to my bike I need to tune my bike according to the HD dealer which they give me a quote. Before going there, I’m doing my research in this forum and I read a lot of different comments…different views. Now, I ‘m getting more confuse... Here some of my “damn” question that I want to know before I’ll take my bike to the dealer.
I’ve been reading this Stage 1…What is this STAGE 1 means? If I do dyno to my bike is that mean my bike is already in stage 1?
I’ve been reading this Remap on the bike….What is this remap means?
Oh by the way, The Dealer told me I need EFI Tuner module to do Dyno on my bike that cost me $460 then $450 for the Dyno tuning job, so I’m looking about $1000 **** on my pocket.
Due to costly job, I’m also considering FUEL-PAK or POWER COMMANDER or DYNOJET in Ebay. Which do you think guys most effective and less expensive of this three? And I want to know if this more better options than having my bike to the dealer and pay $1000. I want to know all of this before taking my bike to the dealer or do own my own guts to save some Benjamin on my pocket.
It’s my first bike and I’m just a new starter …By the way, Thank you guy’s to all advised and comments.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:06 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 388 Likes on 298 Posts

First of all FORGET the dealer.
If I had it to do again I'd try the Xied's, cheap, easy, and does the job good enough for most riders that aren't racing on a track.
I went with the PC5 from Fuelmoto and would recommend it if you want something more fancy, if you decide to go that route buy from Fuelmoto not e-bay, great service and after sale service too.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 PM
IBGary
Road Captain

I put on a V&H exhaust, and SE intake and x14ied. Runs great.
I can't answer the question about stage 1 stage 2. I hear and read the same thing you do, and I decided to go with the x14. If I had a grand to spend is probably spend it on a new sleeping bag and a road trip not a fuel Pac and dyno run.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:36 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

About $100 on some X14iED's HERE and your will like how your bike will run, and you will not need to get a tuner or any dyno time.

Stage 1 is free flowing exhaust, free flowing air cleaner (which you already have) and adjusting your air fuel mixture to match your new exhaust and air cleaner.

X14iED's will do that, so will the tuners and the dyno time...but for much more $.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-25-2012, 12:09 AM
PanterA101
Tourer

I went the ViEDs all the way rich and a high flow filter from ^that^ gentleman and couldn't be happier. I'll probably one day go with a PCV and dyno but not anytime soon. That would be when I do a 1250 conversion which isn't anytime soon. But eventually...

Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Harryinny
Tourer

Stage1 is an upgrade that includes a heavy duty carbon fiber back plate, highflow filter, and you can tell a stage 1 just by the way it is highernup on the bike than stock. I have to get the x14ViEDs for my bike, it runs like crap(does everything now that the x14iEDs is suppose to fix. I cant wait to get one and slap it on. I actually sometines still wish i bought a bone stock bike, but the price and milage was right on this one and i couldnt pass up the choice of sounding like a moped stock vs the SE slipons and the stage1 kit. $550+ in upgrades and 4k miles on an 09 for 7900 bucks. Had to do it lol.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Harryinny
Tourer

Quick question, the x14iED is 2 parts in the package for $100 bucks right? Its a dumb question, but had to ask lol.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

The dealer's seeing dollar $ign$...don't walk away - run!

First - you pretty much did Stage-1 upgrade (less tune) so adding your own tuner fixes that.

Second - dyno tune's are nice, but not necessary. Sure if you have the ca$h - go ahead, but if you aren't planning to run bike in 1/4 mile increments - don't bother.

Third - I've had great luck with Dobeck performance tuners & they're very economical. Started w/TFI & recently upgraded to GEN3. Give them a call because their Customer Service is excellent & they can guide you to the right box for your bike.

www.dobeckperformance.com

Good luck!

Old 05-25-2012, 06:22 AM
adam9604
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look around at Indy shops if you want a Dyno tune...one of the best tuners in Texas will install has custom tuner and Dyno tune for however long it takes to make it right...usually 4-6 hours....for half what the stealership quoted you.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 AM
IronMan69
Cruiser
Talking

Originally Posted by DK Custom
About $100 on some X14iED's HERE and your will like how your bike will run, and you will not need to get a tuner or any dyno time.

Stage 1 is free flowing exhaust, free flowing air cleaner (which you already have) and adjusting your air fuel mixture to match your new exhaust and air cleaner.

X14iED's will do that, so will the tuners and the dyno time...but for much more $.
Hmmmm....I dont know that my bike is already on Stage 1 with my upgrade...Thank you DK for opening my brain...now only I need is to get tune my bike.

I want to know about more of this X14iED's..is this plug and paly hook-ups..hassle free? I'm a fast learner a hard thinker that combination will do the job. I do electrical and plumbing around my house from electronic to mechanical I will say I can do that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need Advise...Please