Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster Side Shots

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 04:38 PM
FyrFtrMistress
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightster Side Shots

Does anyone have Vance and Hines Side Shots on their bike? I'm thinking of getting them. A friend of mine said the sound bounces off the ground. Tell me what you think of them. Thanks!!

I added a photo of what they look like.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...7sYXHCnUvql_uA

Old 12-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

If you are fond of your hearing, I would stay clear of sideshots or shortshots. I have shortshots on my bike with the quiet baffles, and the smartparts baffles on top of them, and it's still too loud. I like a nice harley rumble as much as the next guy, but these pipes are rediculous

Old 12-29-2012, 09:00 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

FyrFtrMistress, V&H pipes are soooooooo outplayed on the Nightsters and especially the black denim Iron bikes! Do your homework and spend some time investigating the other brands/designs and you might find something else that will help your bike to be more "you" than everyone elses.

*edit - my apologies FyrFtrMistress, the Side Shots are different than the Short Shots by virtue of a "power chamber" which enhances performance that is not present on the Short Shots seen on tons of Sportsters. Sorry to have misled you in that respect. Andy.

=8^)

Last edited by DrewBone; 01-02-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Firebird1989
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewBone
FyrFtrMistress, V&H pipes are soooooooo outplayed on the Nightsters and especially the black denim Iron bikes! Do your homework and spend some time investigating the other brands/designs and you might find something else that will help your bike to be more "you" than everyone elses.

=8^)
Agreed, so sick of seeing V&H on every damn bike. I bought them a few years ago for my Wideglide and realized it was a bad choice after seeing how many people actually owned them.

But, If you truly can't find ANY other exhaust you like, then go right ahead and buy them. It is after all, your bike.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Afrobaron
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Firebird1989
Agreed, so sick of seeing V&H on every damn bike. I bought them a few years ago for my Wideglide and realized it was a bad choice after seeing how many people actually owned them.

But, If you truly can't find ANY other exhaust you like, then go right ahead and buy them. It is after all, your bike.
I cannot think they are a bad choice just because a lot of people own them, something about them must be good. I do agree however that getting something that makes the bike you is a better idea. I am personally looking at the basani and Samson brands for my pipes. Very similar style but also some varied lengths that I wanted.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by One*
If you are fond of your hearing, I would stay clear of sideshots or shortshots. I have shortshots on my bike with the quiet baffles, and the smartparts baffles on top of them, and it's still too loud. I like a nice harley rumble as much as the next guy, but these pipes are rediculous
Did you drill the holes in the shields yourself?

Old 12-30-2012, 01:27 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They make good power. Loud and look good if you run low bars. I'm running them and have been ever since I brought my bike home from the dealer. I'm switching mine up in a couple weeks and I'd be wiling to get rid of mine cheap. Hit me up on IM if you're interested.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
Did you drill the holes in the shields yourself?
I did, yes

Old 12-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by One*
I did, yes
I like that! Looks good.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:42 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrobaron
I cannot think they are a bad choice just because a lot of people own them, something about them must be good. I do agree however that getting something that makes the bike you is a better idea. I am personally looking at the basani and Samson brands for my pipes. Very similar style but also some varied lengths that I wanted.
afrob, I never implied that I thought that the V&H pipes were a bad choice, just a "common" choice...and I was pointing out to the OP that there are other manufacturers out there that offer similar but different styles and even better performance. Sure the V&H's sound nice and loud [sometimes too loud] but their open design robs you of low and mid range performance, so unless you're always running upwards of WOT the only thing you got is nice looking um, "loud pipes." This is of course a non issue to some, and an all issue to others, so pick yer poison!

=8^)

Quick Reply: Nightster Side Shots