Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viking solo bag

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Mac10
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Viking solo bag

How are these bags for those using them? I saw some older posts that said they had issues. They look decent. Thanks.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 PM
RLJ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Viking Cruise Roll bag and love it.
http://www.vikingbags.com/Viking-Cru...-8565-prd1.htm

Mounts in seconds and has solid construction. No issues on the bag and highly recommend it. I looked at the Viking site and didn't see the solo bag......

I would buy another Viking bag if I ever needed one.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Mac10
Road Master

Originally Posted by RLJ
I have the Viking Cruise Roll bag and love it.
http://www.vikingbags.com/Viking-Cru...-8565-prd1.htm

Mounts in seconds and has solid construction. No issues on the bag and highly recommend it. I looked at the Viking site and didn't see the solo bag......

I would buy another Viking bag if I ever needed one.

They have it under swing arm bags. Lists for 109.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:30 AM
RLJ
Cruiser

I had one of those too. I really liked the bag, except for the mounting system. According to their website, it looks like they may have changed the way it mounts, the current picture on their site shows the back of the bag with buckle type straps, which would be an improvement over the bag I had.

Once again, a very solid bag and I liked it a lot. For the money a great deal.

The swing arm bag I had mounted with 3 "D" ring straps which were difficult to get tight to the frame and swing arm. The bag was secure and was never going to fall off however it had a little "play" when mounted. For most, it's no biggie, I'm halfway **** about stuff like that so it always bothered me a bit.

I had a credit at HD so I ended up buying the HD swing arm bag which comes with a hard mount to the frame, which I preferred. Once again, the Viking bag was never going anywhere but the mounting was my issue.

I ended up giving my Viking bag to forum member blackwater1104. You may want to pm him for his opinion as well. Once I gave the bag to blackwater1104 I saw some zip ties in my toolbox, that would have solved the mounting problem with the "D" ring system as the zip ties would have allowed me to secure the bag tightly to the frame.

For the money, I'd recommend the bag. If you wanted to spend twice as much I'd recommend the HD bag.

FYI, the Viking bag has what they call Viking leather, it's a synthetic. Looks and acts like leather but it's not. Was not an issue with me and I'm sure it will last a long time.

When I was doing my research a while bag I also came across some posters complaining about quality issues from Viking. Those post were from several years ago and I believe Viking has stepped up their game since then because the two bags I've purchased from them were great. I even contacted customer service a few times and had pretty quick responses. As mentioned prior, I'd buy Viking products again without hesitation.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Mac10
Road Master

Originally Posted by RLJ
I had one of those too. I really liked the bag, except for the mounting system. According to their website, it looks like they may have changed the way it mounts, the current picture on their site shows the back of the bag with buckle type straps, which would be an improvement over the bag I had.

Once again, a very solid bag and I liked it a lot. For the money a great deal.

The swing arm bag I had mounted with 3 "D" ring straps which were difficult to get tight to the frame and swing arm. The bag was secure and was never going to fall off however it had a little "play" when mounted. For most, it's no biggie, I'm halfway **** about stuff like that so it always bothered me a bit.

I had a credit at HD so I ended up buying the HD swing arm bag which comes with a hard mount to the frame, which I preferred. Once again, the Viking bag was never going anywhere but the mounting was my issue.

I ended up giving my Viking bag to forum member blackwater1104. You may want to pm him for his opinion as well. Once I gave the bag to blackwater1104 I saw some zip ties in my toolbox, that would have solved the mounting problem with the "D" ring system as the zip ties would have allowed me to secure the bag tightly to the frame.

For the money, I'd recommend the bag. If you wanted to spend twice as much I'd recommend the HD bag.

FYI, the Viking bag has what they call Viking leather, it's a synthetic. Looks and acts like leather but it's not. Was not an issue with me and I'm sure it will last a long time.

When I was doing my research a while bag I also came across some posters complaining about quality issues from Viking. Those post were from several years ago and I believe Viking has stepped up their game since then because the two bags I've purchased from them were great. I even contacted customer service a few times and had pretty quick responses. As mentioned prior, I'd buy Viking products again without hesitation.
Thanks for the info. I think I might give one a try. If I have too, ill zip tie it on. I would be the same way if there's play in it.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:44 PM
JB'R
Tourer

I was thinking of buying those too, its half the price of the other ones I want but also has the great quality I read about. (Not implying that the others are bad).

Plus, they're a forum sponsor.

When you get it Mac, do a review please. I want one and I want someone to push me to get one.

J Bar

Old 08-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Mac10
Road Master

Originally Posted by JB'R
I was thinking of buying those too, its half the price of the other ones I want but also has the great quality I read about. (Not implying that the others are bad).

Plus, they're a forum sponsor.

When you get it Mac, do a review please. I want one and I want someone to push me to get one.

J Bar

Sure. Ill let you know.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Mac10
Road Master

Sorry JBar, last minute just now I went with the black leather Larosa bag. It was only twenty bucks more and seemed decent.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:26 PM
blackwater1104
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zip tie it on. That was what I did and it works great