The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

No Device: what tuner? 08 E Glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 01:00 PM
stroker87
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default what tuner? 08 E Glide

picked up a 08 Electra Glide all stock im going to do a air cleaner and exhaust maybe even cams down the road (maybe) looking for a tuner but so many out really hard to figure it out

im not a stranger to tuning i have HPtuners for my lsx stuff that i use on still learning it not a pro noob at best and my last harley had true duals and air cleaner used cobra unit (was on it when purchased it) with the 3 pods i along with a wideband and street tuned it bike ran pretty good afterwards

so whats a decent tuner that can grow as my bike grows? i seen some that connect to smartphones others to laptops i like the phone idea but would not be against the laptop either

im not racing the bike so its not like im looking for every last HP/TQ number out of it just keep things safe and not have to upgrade or change tuners if i do cam or even heads later with out spending big bucks (if possible?)

i guess this is aimed at folks that have played around with a few tuners and can tell me pros and cons of what they have used or must have features i should be looking for in a tuner

thanks

Old 12-30-2017, 01:07 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 717 Likes on 567 Posts

Dynojet Powervision or TTS Mastertune.
m

Old 12-31-2017, 06:57 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

I suggest the TTS. Best tuner on the market. The vision is a copy that sacrificed feature for a screen. Just hasn't caught up. Features could be ranging from a tool to help the user to figure tooth count to an instruction manual.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:32 AM
diggerv
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Simple and super easy... V&H FP3!

Old 12-31-2017, 09:28 AM
stroker87
Tourer

is the TTS Mastertune more for dyno users? is there a lot of online help if needed to figure something out?

what makes it stand out over the other tuners out there?

Old 12-31-2017, 06:30 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by stroker87
is the TTS Mastertune more for dyno users? is there a lot of online help if needed to figure something out?

what makes it stand out over the other tuners out there?
Because it leads in features and power to adapt to all types of builds from mild to wild.
A actually useful manual to get started with.
No extra add-ons or do-dads marketed as a cure-alls for anyone owning a bike.
Just what’s necessary to assure a great running bike...either from street or dyno tuning.
There, that’s my $.02 from using them all daily.
Bob

Old 12-31-2017, 07:07 PM
stroker87
Tourer

Sorry if i sounded like a jerk im on the corvette forum an guys just tell you what they have is best but they never used any thing else to really know a difference so trying to avoid that here

i was on the website and it didnt say any thing about a wideband o2? does the harleys efi system used wideband o2's? if not how is the system getting the correct feedback ?

Old 01-01-2018, 10:37 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Sorry if i sounded like a jerk im on the corvette forum an guys just tell you what they have is best but they never used any thing else to really know a difference so trying to avoid that here

i was on the website and it didnt say any thing about a wideband o2? does the harleys efi system used wideband o2's? if not how is the system getting the correct feedback ?
You asked and received an answer to your question.
Do a little self education about these tuning products and their features and specs from their user manuals and help files.
You will get as many opinions as there are folks who purchased a tuning devices.
There are numerous threads on the subject of choosing the right tuner.
Bob

Old 01-01-2018, 08:32 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

i guess this is aimed at folks that have played around with a few tuners and can tell me pros and cons of what they have used or must have features i should be looking for in a tuner

thanks
Bob has been tuning Harley EFI since it has came out.

You will find the same here. Since one owns it. It has to be the best, right? Best, is best people
k
now. The conversation here of HPTuner vs EFI live is replaced by different manufacturers, but VE Delphi mapping is the same. Collecting data with wide band or narrow band and creating new VE's is an option with all of them. How they go about it is where the rubber hits the road.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:30 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

I also dynotune for a living and am familiar with just about every product on the market for HD's. I run TTS on all my bikes. Between the user manual and the owner of TTS being an active member of this forum you shouldn't have any trouble.

Quick Reply: No Device: what tuner? 08 E Glide