"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

TD's holiday

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 02:42 PM
T D
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Cool TD's holiday

I guess that I'd better put summit up about the holiday!
We flew into Minneapolis and found the Twin Cities HD dealership in the airport, queue Harley t-shirt and sew on patch for my Levis.
Then to Rapid City where we came across the only person with an attitude. Unfortunately, she was on the Alamo desk and we had to deal with her. I guessed that she was pre-menstrual!
Casper was about 200 miles away. We hadn't realised that it was that far!! The Missus had to take over driving eventually because I couldn't keep my mincers open. I just crashed in the back of the motor.
We stopped for a bite to eat at Edgemont if I remember correctly, and there was fisticuffs going on in there at the time. Plod soon appeared and we were swamped with squad cars. I remember thinking, "Christ, we've only been here five minutes!"
Nice hotel at Casper, and what a wonderful view out front the next morning!
Casper Mountain was quite impressive every day.
We went to the HD dealership in Casper, queue t shirt and sew on patch for my Levi. (The smarter of you may see a pattern start to appear!)
It was their 1 year anniversary and party time was the order of the day with live bands during the evening.
A run up to Buffalo was next. A very cool and quaint town. We met some cool folks there, Al from So Cal was one. I had quite a chat with him, lovely feller. He had been to Sturgis, and was doing the rounds of the area. Because I was with my Mum, wife and daughter, he advised going to Sturgis. He said that unless I had plenty of time, patience and fluid, not to take the woman-folk there, and there had already been a fatality just in the opening w/end.
Due to there being no dealership there, we shot across to Gillette where a big open day/weekend/week was in full swing, and yes you guessed it, HD shirt and patch for the Levis.
The Crazy Horse Monument was pretty cool in itself and will be mind-bending when it's complete. I for one will travel back to see the finished article!!
Mount Rushmore being just up the road was next on the list, and we weren't disappointed either. Human endeavor never ceases to amaze me. What a fabulous monument/piece of art. It was very humbling to view this amazing sight. I was quite surprised by my reaction, and I was very moved by it.
The Black Hills were incredible!
Those long sweeping roads that wound up and down and in and out of the canyons. The Spruce and/or Pine trees with all the grass between the huge granite rocks was mindblowing to me, surely this is God's country, and coming from an atheist like me, that is saying something!!! I just wished that I had been on my bike with all of the other boys and girls.
On the way back, my missus got tugged by a state trooper for doing 85 in a 65 limit. Did she get it in the neck from us or what? She thought that she'd have her leg pulled for five minutes or so, but my daughter and I see years of fun ahead!!!
Hill City was a bit special to. We went on the railroad over the mountain to Keystone. About a 2 hour trip either way. Well worth the entry fee. I throughly enjoyed every moment, and I'd love to have a log cabin up there somewhere. I'd also be happy to end my days in the region.
Main Street was blocked off to all except bikes, a mini Sturgis if you like. T shirts, sew on patches and buffalo steaks were all part of this day. Plenty of wonderful people to meet and chat to. Very friendly, treating us like old friends!
Again, there were some of them advising not to go to Sturgis.
The onus on that was put firmly on my shoulders!!
With all of this information, I decided that maybe it would be better if we didn't go after all. Anyway, there was so much going on at all of these other places it seemed a reasonable deal.
We were flying from Rapid City the next day at 10:30, so rather than chase our asses the next day, it was decided to go over a day earlier and stay in a hotel for the night.
Rapid Harley was a must. When we got there, the car park was heaving with trailers and bikes. If somebody had told me that there were 10,000 bikes there, I wouldn't have been surprised!!
At the hotel, I spent most of the evening with some smashing guys from "New Joyzee." Again, they treated me like we were old friends and we just sat there talking bollocks, smoking and drinking. Quite a few Indians they had ridden across, with a Harley or two. Anthony was the name that I remember for one of these guys, but all the same, a great time was had by me!
I have to say, that you guys are so lucky to have the Black Hills as part of your country. If you haven't ridden in them before, take my advice and make the effort because you will not be disappointed!!
Thus endeth part one of this sermon, part two will appear when I've got the time and inclination boys and grils!

TD

Oh, all right!

Attached Thumbnails TD's holiday-butchers-038.jpg   TD's holiday-butchers-130.jpg   TD's holiday-butchers-156.jpg   TD's holiday-butchers-167.jpg  

Last edited by T D; 09-09-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Because I can!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Helluva write up, although I did have to use my UK to English translator...lmbo
Y'all stateside for how long?

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 09-10-2015 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:12 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,788 Likes on 9,863 Posts

<p>Happy to hear you're having a grand time in our country!</p>

Old 09-10-2015, 06:52 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Great write up TD. I understood every word

Old 09-10-2015, 09:17 AM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren

Last edited by fishheadsaid; 09-10-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:26 PM
T D
Road Master
Cool

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Helluva write up, although I did have to use my UK to English translator...lmbo
Y'all stateside for how long?
Ah you mean English to American translator don't you!!!Lol
Just a bit of slang here or there, but nothing else crept in. I beg your indulgence on this because I write this how I speak.
Mind, it could've been, "Cor blimey Gov'nor, luvaduck! Me an the ole lady went down the apples and pears to go to the rubba-dub-dub. Me in me whistle an flute wiv a clean dicky dirt and a peckam rye!"

Back to the chase anyway, unfortunately, the holiday is finished and we've been back for about a fortnight now. It totally sucks!
Part two was Florida, so oil get that done soon(ish).
I'm chuffed that you managed to keep up with me Lauren. You're not totally native yet then eh girl!! Lol
Cheers

TD

Old 09-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by T D
Ah you mean English to American translator don't you!!!Lol
Dang it, man...tha was the prob, no wonder I was still bewildered.
I tried the American one too, damn yankee lingo and only half of it made any sense.
lmfao

Old 09-12-2015, 07:45 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
lol...this comment made me giggle!

Old 09-13-2015, 02:53 PM
T D
Road Master
Cool

Ah! Now that's all very well, but did you understand every word of my drivel YC?
Lol

TD

Old 09-13-2015, 03:10 PM
T D
Road Master
Cool

Sorry, bad case of the hiccups! LOL (Nana!!!)

TD

Last edited by T D; 09-13-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Quick Reply: TD's holiday