"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

where is everyone?

Old 03-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

I've just been doing other things lately & not riding a whole lot. Like themensh said, bike traffic seems to increasing in this area. Hadn't really thought about Bike Week later than normal. With the weather getting warmer, it could be a big event this year.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Muffbrorick
Tourer
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Justfixit they have camping sites at the Cabbage Patch for $75 per night.

The following users liked this post:
Justfixit (03-05-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Beak
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 131 Posts

Well......it is the "winter" in Fl, the best time of the year to ride. Been all over North and South. Also winter in the north means lots of visitors from the snow country that want a couple of days in the warm sunshine. Entertaining a lot of guests.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:07 PM
crump13
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm been working and doing family stuff. I'm ready to get some more riding in.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:15 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Justfixit
Hey, I'm coming to Daytona this year and I'm going to tent it for a couple days; where is the best campground for tent camping? I live in Broward and I'm not familiar with Daytona at all. Thanks

If you are looking for a nice motorcycle friendly NOT ROWDY camp site....check out Daytona 200 M/C ...http://www.daytona200mc.com/calendar.html
Just West of Daytona on 92 (West International Speedway). They have breakfast available, showers, security, etc. I used to ride with the club and they
were always good, friendly folks. If you like rowdy, loud and drinking into early morning....may not be for you. Not exactly a Baptist Church... (Just saying)

Chuck

Justfixit (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 03:21 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

Just got back from Main Street....and all the regular places are setting up their tents and band stages. Getting hard for a local to find a place to park. Went to the board walk for a grilled hot dog....and was fun watching people.Bike Week...starts 3/10...Today is my 1 year anniversary of my bike wreck broken leg! Believe me, I was watching other drivers!
I have healed pretty well, aches and pains left over....and I hope Thunder Mug misses riding as much as I did during the weeks I was healing. Be nice to every rider, never know when you might bump into a Florida Crew.....especially Daytona Bike Week.

Chuck

Old 03-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by themensh
....and I hope Thundermug misses riding as much as I did during the weeks I was healing....
Yes, I miss it. My sporty is at the office garage out of the weather so I can't even look at it.....couldn't ride if I wanted to....
I'm going back to work Monday-light duty, answering phones. Next week I'm gonna replace the grips and foot pegs and clean it up. Dump the gas and put in fresh. Maybe try to find some beach bars, lower the back end an inch or two... Get some new forks a couple inches longer...triple trees with more rake...
Yeah, I'm dreaming...

Old 03-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Not to speak out of turn and give up TMI, but I have I know someone who sent me a facebook friend request after my wreck who just had a wreck. He has the same injuries I have plus a broken leg. He is going to surgery soon.
Please throw up prayers and well wishes for him.
I'm sure many of you know him also.

PLEASE BE CAREFULL OUT THERE!!!! There are way too many of us getting injured!!!

P.S. I am sure Chuck and Dave would agree...This is NOT the club you want to join!

Old 03-05-2017, 01:39 PM
T D
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Cool

I've not been doing a lot as such. Started a new job at beginning of December, and with the hours that I'm working, I'm cream crackered most of the time.
I've changed the bars on the Heritage, so they are the original style as opposed to the fat boy style in the pictures. The luggage and sissy bar are also off, mainly just to see what she looked like, and also if there was any work that needed doing.
If I get on-line, I usually tweet and I don't do farcebook.
Hope that everybody is well anyway!

TD

Old 03-05-2017, 07:33 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

"Broken Bones" I believe Thunder Mug is talking about....! *not the Daytona 200". But yes, once you join the Broken Bones/Wrecked bike Club, you find allot of members.
Dues are paid, as you become a member....but it is a LIFE TIME membership.
But back to the original post...there are numerous camping sites....cackle berry comes to mind...out Tomoka farms Rd, beside the cabbage Patch Bar. But, this is serious party town.
Sleep is what you do when you die!

Originally Posted by Thundermug
Not to speak out of turn and give up TMI, but I have I know someone who sent me a facebook friend request after my wreck who just had a wreck. He has the same injuries I have plus a broken leg. He is going to surgery soon.
Please throw up prayers and well wishes for him.
I'm sure many of you know him also.

PLEASE BE CAREFULL OUT THERE!!!! There are way too many of us getting injured!!!

P.S. I am sure Chuck and Dave would agree...This is NOT the club you want to join!

Justfixit (03-07-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: where is everyone?