The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprayed in face with windshield washer

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:17 AM
cromagnon
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Sprayed in face with windshield washer

Some things **** me off more than others.
I f'n hate it when a-holes don't look in their rearview mirrors before using their windshield washer.
My wife got irritated with me for bitching some guy out at a red light for spraying us. She thinks I over react and I'm going to get arrested eventualy.

Alright! It wasn't that bad

Last edited by cromagnon; 05-13-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:05 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Who looks in their mirror when they clean their winshield? Don't like the taste of the blue kool aid....don't ride behind me. WTF. Like is the whole world supposed to look out for you? You want some cheese with that whine???

Old 05-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

I'll side with your wife on this one. You over reacted. How many car owners have any idea that their windshield washers will spray up over the top of the car? The washers on my Z are in the wipers so I doubt they spray anywhere but on the windshield (but at speed the wind might carry some spray up over the car). Could you have been following too close?

Old 05-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Biker Oma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a grip. If the nozzle is spraying on his windshield and it mists back over you, you are riding too close. If the nozzle sprays OVER his car and pisses right on you, you can certainly be annoyed!!! Make the problem known to the driver, but throwing a verbal hissing fit just embarrass's your wife, and leaves a poor representation of bikers in general. After the justified expletive, how about letting the guy know the danger he is causing, plus the wasting of his fluid. You get more bees with honey, kind of logic. The Mother in me says you are a Big Boy now, get what you want by using your manners.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think of it as help cleaning my glasses just pull em off at the next stop and wipe em clean

Old 05-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Weed's Ironscoot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take washer fluid to the face anyday ......it's the ones that chew tobacco and spit out the window that **** me off.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:14 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
i think of it as help cleaning my glasses just pull em off at the next stop and wipe em clean
+1 If there's enough of it, I wipe the chrome, polish up the leathers and on a nice hot day it works as a quick bath and I have more riding time, still smelling nice. Seriously, we know the drivers aren't looking out for us at intersections or lane changes, WHY THE HELL WOULD WE EXPECT THEM TO LOOK OUT FOR US WHEN THEY PUSH THE WIPER BUTTON? Bottom line, you overreacted to an everyday occurence. Like Weed said, be glad it wasn't tobacco, a **** cup or some other nasty stuff.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Tucson_Tim
Tourer

My father used to tell me this all the time: "Son, don't go looking for trouble. Trouble will find you often enough."

I also try to live by this: "Don't get upset at something that won't matter a few hours from now."

Most traffic situations, where you think you've been wronged, fall under these two "rules for living".

Old 05-13-2010, 02:17 PM
RutRoo
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what really pisses me off is the people in the big RV's that "forget" to tighten their grey/waste water outlet cap.. too lazy to take it to a waste dump.. if there is a lot of traffic it takes a while for you to find out where that wet stuff is coming from..

Old 05-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Flatlander
Road Warrior

The wiper fluid is annoying, but not worth getting all fired up about. Now that I said that, still lit cigarette buts flipped out the window will send me into a verbal tirade.

Quick Reply: Sprayed in face with windshield washer