Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics LED Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 06:15 PM
navybuff
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Dynamics LED Issues

OK, did a stupid thing here, installed my new CD LED front turn lights and was going to just check them to see if they were ok, WRONG. I turned on the bike and did the left and right turn and they did not flash at all, just on bright (turn indicators do a rapid flash)... These light came with the deal on this 2011 Ultra that I just purchased but I needed to install them, no problem. Well come to find out they need a Load equalizer/conditioner. The dealer said he would order one and call me, no problem right? Not so fast, put the original bulbs back in and tested them, no front turn signals, rears work. The lights on on bright, steady. So, now I can't ride my new bike because of this.... Did a emergency flasher for 10 minutes just to see if that would reset the CAN buss, nothing worked. Any help here would be great, tried to pull the main fuse and of course my alarm went off, pulled the connector to the siren and it still continued....

Rapid flashing of turn indicators still...

Old 10-25-2014, 09:57 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Call CD and ask for there assistance. You might try pulling the battery and doing a reset that way. Might work.

Batman.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:11 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Your 2011 doesn't have the Can Bus system and you may have installed the old bulbs incorrectly.Take them out and rotate them 180 and see if you can put them in the socket.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:05 AM
navybuff
Novice

The bulbs will only go in one way, they have staggered indexing pins... Both bulbs are doing the same thing? Thanks for the info on the CAN....

Old 10-26-2014, 10:15 AM
navybuff
Novice

Originally Posted by dansflhti
Your 2011 doesn't have the Can Bus system and you may have installed the old bulbs incorrectly.Take them out and rotate them 180 and see if you can put them in the socket.
This is the reason I thought this bike had CAN buss, this schematic of the radio system, 2011 Ultra.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:32 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Your 2011 does not have canbus. Never mind the radio wiring. That doesn't control the turn signals.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:36 AM
navybuff
Novice

Oh I believe you, just got a little confused when I seen this schematic of the radio circuit when I was trouble shooting a CB issue.......

Thanks for clearing this up for me...

Old 10-27-2014, 06:57 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

not having a load equalizer should not make your bike exhibit the symptoms that it is. all it does it add a little resistance to the circuit so that your bike doesn't think that a bulb is burned out and do the 'fast flash' thing to let you know.

even though the **** are staggered on the bulbs, they can be forced to go in the wrong way.

to keep your alarm from making you deaf, before you pull the fuse, turn your ignition on to disarm your security. then pull the maxi fuse. the siren itself has an internal battery so it will still sound if a thief disconnected your battery wires.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:14 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

The 2014s don't need the load equalizer.

Hard to tell from the op if it was installed or not.

Sorry, not much help.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:46 AM
navybuff
Novice

Originally Posted by skratch
not having a load equalizer should not make your bike exhibit the symptoms that it is. all it does it add a little resistance to the circuit so that your bike doesn't think that a bulb is burned out and do the 'fast flash' thing to let you know.

even though the **** are staggered on the bulbs, they can be forced to go in the wrong way.

to keep your alarm from making you deaf, before you pull the fuse, turn your ignition on to disarm your security. then pull the maxi fuse. the siren itself has an internal battery so it will still sound if a thief disconnected your battery wires.
Thanks Skratch, after reading your post this morning AND knowing that I am prone to doing stupid $hit I went to check the bulbs again, you guessed it, I had forced (I guess) them in the wrong way (Actually they went in wrong really easy) just as you and dansflhti have said. So, I am starting off Monday with my head out of my a$$ thanks to HD Forums and you guys, I owe you guys my first born, ..............when he gets out of jail....

Last edited by navybuff; 10-27-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics LED Issues