Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sheepskin covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 07:21 AM
SiggerTX
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Sheepskin covers

I am considering getting some sheepskin covers for my 06 FLHTCUI and wanted some advice or opinions. I have the Le Para Maverick Daddy Long Legs seat and want to cover it and the backrest on the tour pac for the wifey. The way I understand it from the few sites I've looked at is that I almost need to get some full pelts then fit them myself, is that correct? Anyone been down this road? Maybe someone can hook me up with a trusted vendor to deal with. Thanks!

Old 04-10-2015, 07:30 AM
DocKile
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been using Alaskaleather.com products since 2008. Genuine sheepskin. I absolutely love it! Good price and great customer service. The folks that own it are riders themselves. They have lots of options, styles and colors.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:35 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Second vote for Alaskaleather.com

I have a full shear (3 inch length) and love it. The wife got a 1" shear, and she likes hers too.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:44 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,523 Likes on 1,420 Posts

If I could shake off the thought that they look like Huggy Bear's coat laid across my bike, I would probably get me one.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:53 AM
SiggerTX
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I was on that site earlier looking at the full pelt with straps. I'd like to cover the tour pac pad as well but it seems like it would need to be a custom fit because of the little "arm" pieces on the sides. I found several that were cut for the wing, but not for the FLHT which I found odd.

My main purpose is cooling then padding so it seems like I'd want he sheared version correct? Also, the sheared looks like less maintenance.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:16 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

For cooling and for comfort, I would say the unsheared would function better....

But you have to love the look, or you will hate it.

I have just the unsheared, full length, seat cover... my best friend, who lives in Whitesburg, Kentucky, was a big fan of telling everyone mine was "Gin-yoo-wine Pike County, Kentucky 'possum fur..."

I still tell everyone that looks that is what it is.,,

Old 04-10-2015, 08:56 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,512 Likes on 1,301 Posts

On you way West out of Sturgis and on your way to Red Lodge to ride Beartooth, stop at Bridger Fur Co, 204 S. Main St, Bridger, MT 59014 or call 406-662-3603 for complete "Unsheared" skins. Alaska leather is the best for sheared seat covers.

Last year on the way home from Sturgis we stiopped at Bridger. Everyone should if you have a fur project.
Just mark the shape you want with a marker on the back and cut it with a razor blade. I made a paper template, outlined the shape I wanted, cut it with a razor, added two slits for two sided velcro to hold it onto the rear bags guards and it is....hairy good.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:17 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on Alaskan Leather
Some say it is butt ugly, but my butt doesn't care. I like to see them squirming around in there seat on a hot day with monkey butt. And I'm as cool as a cucumber.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:32 AM
kperkins
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got our fitted seat covers from http://www.hartcoseats.com/LAMBSKIN-...lide/2031.html. Top guality, highly recommended.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:31 PM
pdzani
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unsheared sheepskin is the only way the wife and I take 3-5K trips. I really don't care how it looks, I ride a Fugly.

Quick Reply: Sheepskin covers