Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What I learned from Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 08:49 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Default What I learned from Fuel Moto

Men, I learned something today from Bob at Fuel Moto. I want to pass this info on to those with the Power Vision Tuner.

A week or so ago, I programmed and selected several gauges to display of the PV. After 10 minutes or so of riding, the gauges stopped working. I called FM and asked why. Bob asked how I was running the PV and that was the problem.

I routed the wire on the left side of the bike, under the tank and near the spark plugs. This is a problem because the wires are not shielded and while I was riding, the wires were catching interference from the spark plugs.

According to Bob, the gauges weren't able to display properly. He even said, running the wire this way will cause issues with AutoTune basic.

His advice is to run the wire underneath the dash console. That way there will not be any electrical interference.

Hope this information helps some out there.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:52 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,708 Likes on 2,689 Posts

I pulled the tank and ran the wire in the cable trough with the rest of the wiring. Everything works fine and it took maybe 10 minutes and three new zip ties.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Gilmb
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks kryingame, I did the same thing when I installed new cams and map. I thought I had reduced performance when I ran autotune basic so I put the original map fuelmoto sent me. Thinking i was just doing a temp install for a couple of auto tunes, I ran it on the left side like you near the plug wire. Not touching but close. I will reroute it in the spring and try again.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:05 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Good info to know and I'll check my set-up when it gets back from the painter - thanks for sharing....

Old 12-09-2015, 08:07 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,217 Likes on 2,465 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilmb
Thanks kryingame, I did the same thing when I installed new cams and map. I thought I had reduced performance when I ran autotune basic so I put the original map fuelmoto sent me. Thinking i was just doing a temp install for a couple of auto tunes, I ran it on the left side like you near the plug wire. Not touching but close. I will reroute it in the spring and try again.
you did have reduced performance. when you are running autotune, the af mixture is set to 14.6 across the board, and app 4* of timing is pulled out.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:01 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Actually, Bob said this is a common mistake. They often get folks calling in complaining about this. I guess we're all looking for the easy way to route the wire.

I now have my wire underneath the gas/key console. Took about 2 minutes to do.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Gilmb
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skratch
you did have reduced performance. when you are running autotune, the af mixture is set to 14.6 across the board, and app 4* of timing is pulled out.
I should have been more clear, I felt I had reduced performance after loading the map created during the autotune session.