Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise issue with P0577 code

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 08:31 PM
cioutlaw
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise issue with P0577 code

Ok,added cams and a ThunderMax ECM to my 2009 CVO RoadGlide and now do not have cruise control. Dash light never turns green and I also do not have the 6th gear indicator coming on. check engine light comes on as does the red security light and I also get a P0577 code.

I have done some research and came up with if the clutch switch was malfunctioning it would cause the problem with both the 6th gear light and cruise control so I planned to purchase a new clutch switch.

Well then I came across directions for checking drop out functions on CC. From what I understand the the cruise dash light should light up green and turn red after releasing cruise switch. Mine turns green and stays green after releasing the switch. Operating all the drop out functions does nothing except the clutch switch, it turns red when I operate the clutch switch and back to green when released.

Any ideas?

Old 04-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Eunoterpsia
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...rol-issue.html

this and other issues relating to the thundermax can be found by performing a search. I suggest posting in this link and asking the OP what was his solution.

Did you just wash the bike or leave it out in the rain? The code is or I should say could be caused by a fubar resume - set switch or excessive moisture behind the switch.

Last edited by Eunoterpsia; 04-03-2016 at 09:18 PM. Reason: need to give my HO on the code.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:10 AM
Wander
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Only because I have had a TGS issue in the past, as a means of diagnosis by elimination, I would take the throttle grip off and double check the plastic nubs of the TGS that fit in the notches of the handlebar end. I'm not sure if it can even contribute to the problem you are experiencing but I'm always mindful that those little plastic nubs (or lack thereof) can cripple the bike. Don't forget to tuck a matchbook into the brake lever closure before taking any of the screws out of that housing.