Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat help!

Old 06-05-2016, 02:32 PM
SGLife
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat help!

So i'm looking to replace my stock SG seat with something more comfortable for me and my wife the stock seat just dont cut it. I like the looks and feel of the CVO seat but hear they are not great comfort wise and i do like to keep a sleek look without doing a sofa size seat so what would you guys recommend?
I will be doing short and longer rides so i need a good all around seat.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:55 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

the SG seat I liked for sleek looks and rides under 4 hours ( painful at 6), the rear "***-bumper" made for secure position in aggressive riding.

the ultra seat is great for longer rides and/or with a passenger- how it looks doesn;t matter when you are on it- it take 2 minutes to swap and another 3 to put on a slightly taller windscreen- ready for 500 mile days.

ultra seats are cheap if you look used

mike

Old 06-05-2016, 03:04 PM
SGLife
Cruiser

I would really like to just have one seat that i'm somewhat happy with then have a few seats to swap out for different ride times even though they do swap easy. Basically i just want something on the lines of the CVO seat with a little more comfort.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:40 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

aside from the ultra & sg- I also had a solo.

consider that my cost for 3 seats and 3 different height windscreens was under $250.

there are seats out there, but each of us has different needs- nothing worse than dropping $600 for a seat you don;t like ( or doesn;t like you).
You can try sitting on different seats at the dealer- and they may have loaners you can try

another option is many riders here have seats modded by mean city cycles

I suppose i've "given up"...I've recently put on a cop seat ( back surgery) and sold the solo ...I am now at almost a $$$ break even point.

Mike

Old 06-05-2016, 03:58 PM
SGLife
Cruiser

Yes i spoke with MCC that is a option still and i may get another seat then send my stocker to Allen but his is booked up until Aug.
I guess a nice solo seat with matching pad will get the looks of the CVO seat now the question is what brand Mustang,Corbin,C&C?

Old 06-05-2016, 06:25 PM
MikeTD3
Road Master

Received 203 Likes on 115 Posts

I put one of these on this year and really like it. The seat is so much more comfortable than the original and still has a nice look to it.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...er-bucket-seat

Old 06-05-2016, 06:53 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

I like The Ultimate and have had it on my 2 Metrics and my last Harley. They have a trial program also. The Road Sofa gets high reviews, but may not fit your model/style

Old 06-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

I bought an Ultra Classic seat off a member here for $80. A brand new take off basically. There's lots out there and like has been mentioned there's no sense spending untold sums of money on something you might not like.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:20 PM
SGLife
Cruiser

I shot C&C a email about some of their seats they seem to get good reviews here.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:30 PM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SGLife
I shot C&C a email about some of their seats they seem to get good reviews here.
Lots of happy folks here using c&c seats, me included. C&c sport touring on my 14 sgs and love it. Did tons of research before purchasing my c&c and don't regret it one bit. Can ride for hours in the same spot no problems and the seat doesn't look like I installed my leather lazy boy recliner on top of the bike! My top 3 choices if I ever buy a seat again-c&c, corbin, ultimate

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat help!