Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest first time going !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 12:58 PM
smithmx47
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Biketoberfest first time going !!!

First time going to Daytona Biketoberfest or Daytona for that matter. Anyone have any suggestions on what to hit? Thanks..

Old 10-04-2016, 01:40 PM
SeeJeepCrawl
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

To see some good vendors, hit the racetrack and the Indian dealership. Be careful and have a great time!

Old 10-04-2016, 02:02 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Don't know where you are from...but Main Street has bands/bars/cruising (slowly). Iron Horse saloon on Hwy US 1 (Just south of Rossmeyer Harley) has bands, bars, endless people watching, Rossmeyers Harley has bands, venders, bars...
International Speedway has venders, bars, test rides. If you want to ride, Take Hwy A1A north to St. Augustine, of A1A south to the Kennedy Space Center/Cocoa Beach area. Take Hwy 40 and it takes you out west to silver springs/Ocala area. Nice roads are all around if you get tired or bands/bars.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:22 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 651 Posts

I am located a little south and here is the list you need to know.

******* Tropical Tattoo Chopper Show Oct. 13th 12-4
Stop at Destination Daytona
Hit the track
Stop at Robison's Cycle (off of International Speedway Blvd.) they have a show too sponsored by Biltwell Inc.
Ride the loop
Ride on A1A in the north part of the county
Stop at Ironhorse at night time
Park and walk around on Main St.

The following users liked this post:
smithmx47 (10-12-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 03:00 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I had a nice room reserved and had to cancel due to surgery and not knowing if I would be able to go. Thinking about going now and camping at Cackleberry or somewhere but watching what this hurricane is going to do to the area first.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:04 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Go and see David Allan Coe at The Iron Horse Saloon - that's definitely something to see. Ride The Loop - it's a beautiful ride. Go and see The Razorbacks at The Bank on Main Street. Watch the sunrise over the beach. Enjoy perfect weather.

ocezam (10-09-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

At least hurricane Matthew should be gone by then. Enjoy!

Old 10-04-2016, 04:26 PM
inkdemon
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Enjoy and be safe. And just keep in mind it's not only the 4 wheeled yo-yos out there, there is also idiots on 2 wheels with little to no experience and add alcohol, well just keep your eyes open!!!

ocezam (10-09-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 04:43 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Ive not been to Biketoberfest but went to bike week this past spring. Holy crap, the traffic was horrendous! We rode up from Coco for the day and it made for a very long, hot day. Maybe if we had stayed in town it would have been better. My main memories of the day are the traffic and the enormous number of bikes in the parking lot at Destination Daytona.
We'll be in Coco again the 14th-16th and I can borrow a bike so we may ride up again. But there's also an Honor Flight that weekend and if I have to choose, the Honor Flight wins hands down.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:33 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by ORradtech
Ive not been to Biketoberfest but went to bike week this past spring. Holy crap, the traffic was horrendous! We rode up from Coco for the day and it made for a very long, hot day. Maybe if we had stayed in town it would have been better. My main memories of the day are the traffic and the enormous number of bikes in the parking lot at Destination Daytona.
We'll be in Coco again the 14th-16th and I can borrow a bike so we may ride up again. But there's also an Honor Flight that weekend and if I have to choose, the Honor Flight wins hands down.
Biketober is only about 1/3 the size. Srill traffic but not nearly as bad especially since this was the 75 bikeweek this year.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest first time going !!!