Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bent Rim

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 01:37 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Bent Rim

I have been chasing a front end wobble on my 15 Ultra Classic. I thought I found the culprit with a loose steering head, I inspected and lubed the bearings ,set preload according to the manual. Swing back test is in spec. also.
Test ride wobble still there. Replaced tires Front and Rear (Dunlop American Elite ) Ride on tire sealant and balancer. Wobble still there. I took the tires off cleaned the ride-on out. Replaced the tires and static balanced still no luck. So I took both wheels to a local tire shop and had them dynamic balanced , wobble is still there.
I had a friend swear it's a bad tire , so I decided to take the tire off and was going to replace it. After I got the tire off I put the wheel on the balancer and truing stand that's when we found it. The damn rim had a flat spot in it. I never suspected the rim , I would have remembered hitting anything hard enough to cause the rim to be bent like that.
I wanted to put this out there for the folks with front end wobbles and enforcer wheels with low profile tires.
Wheels Enforcers 19F /16R.