Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FM Reception

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 07:12 PM
rblahetka
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default FM Reception

I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I wanted to share my experience. I have the stock radio with a Cerwin Vega amp. I can't say the amp made the FM reception any worse than it was previously, but it did suck. Anyway, I ended up ordering AutoLover Ant-208 Car Radio Signal Amplifier FM Aerial Antenna Booster for Marine Boatrom Amazon for $13.00 and wired it in today. I had the fairing off and the antenna lead plugged in. I turned the radio n and then supplied power to the unit and instant good reception. I fired it up, and didn't hear any interence. Very happy with it. I'm going to try to ride to work tomorrow, so I will get a good test in then, but so far so good. I am using a shorter antenna (sits just below my tour pack with the antenna relocation kit, so for those with FM issues, I say give it a try. Hope this helps someone.

The following users liked this post:
danzio (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 07:16 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Great news/post/info for me and a huge THANK YOU!!! Radio reception sucks on my Road Glide so I only use my iPod. Sure would be nice to check some FM so again, thank you!!!

I am presuming it will work on the stock HD unit?

Old 05-21-2017, 07:20 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 305 Posts

Thanks for sharing that. If this works you're gonna' make a lot of guys happy!

The following users liked this post:
rblahetka (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 07:25 PM
rblahetka
Tourer

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Great news/post/info for me and a huge THANK YOU!!! Radio reception sucks on my Road Glide so I only use my iPod. Sure would be nice to check some FM so again, thank you!!!

I am presuming it will work on the stock HD unit?
Yeah, stock unit. I forgot to mention where the stock antenna cable plugged into the units cable it seemed a hair loose, so I did wrap it in tape to be sure. Probably should have used red loctite. But otherwise, it was all fine. I had searched the forum on this before, but didn't really find anyone using one, so I figured for 13 bucks I had nothing to lose. I tapped power off the cigarette lighter and it came with double sided sticky tape and I just stuck it to the side of the fairing bracket.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:30 PM
Kburgad
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

That's good news my reception on my road glide sucks. Amp didn't make it worse but been limited to phone and a CD. Can't wait to hear good news after ride.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:43 PM
rblahetka
Tourer

Originally Posted by Kburgad
That's good news my reception on my road glide sucks. Amp didn't make it worse but been limited to phone and a CD. Can't wait to hear good news after ride.
If I get to ride to work tomorrow, I'll definitely let everyone know how it went. I still want to wire in a Bluetooth receiver, but want it fully hidden. I thought I read where some people wore in a 3.5 mm jack into the back of the radio, but I need to look into that further.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:58 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

It has iffy reviews on Amazon. May wait for more feedback as I often take the reviews with a grain of salt.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:06 PM
rblahetka
Tourer

I had the reviews as well, and while hit or miss, for the price I rolled the dice. I'll report back as soon as I get it out on the road.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:50 PM
petejoe43
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Eager to hear your reviews......I installed a RF 400W amp, my FM is all but gone. If this works I'll gladly tear mine down to install. Thanks for sharing.....

Old 05-21-2017, 08:57 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,658 Likes on 943 Posts

I'll be watching for an update. Here in the mountains I don't get very good reception. If it works $13 is very cheap.

Quick Reply: FM Reception