Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer Chock mounting

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 01:33 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Trailer Chock mounting

Just finishing reading sooo many posts about mounting chocks in an enclosed trailer and I see ideas all over the place. So, hopefully, I won't get beat up for asking again. I'm buying an enclosed trailer. Whether it be condor, HF, or lock and load wheel docks .....with the condor, for example......are only two bolts going through the floor crossmember with the other two going through the wood floor? I see the condor come with two mounting bars. One mounts towards front of chock and one toward the rear. Also, I do plan to have e tracs installed along the sides to go with the D rings that are already mounted.

I'm buying an Interstate trailer and of course they are pushing the lock and load wheel chock and said they will mount it. I want to pass on it because I know the HF is the same one.....wonder if they will have all 4 bolts going through the floor crossmember.....or just two, with the other two in the wood. With the 1/2 off price, I may just purchase the L&L .....but would like to feel comfortable turning it down and buying my own and installing. Just looking for what you guys are doing.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:11 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a 7*12 that I have 3 condor/Harley wheel chock mounts. When I have a single bike I use the middle chock when I trailer 2 bikes I use the outer mounts. When I put in the wheel chock mounts I use the angle metal with holes under the trailer. I don't screw to the floor. I do the same think when adding d rings.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:17 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by luc.who
I have a 7*12 that I have 3 condor/Harley wheel chock mounts. When I have a single bike I use the middle chock when I trailer 2 bikes I use the outer mounts. When I put in the wheel chock mounts I use the angle metal with holes under the trailer. I don't screw to the floor. I do the same think when adding d rings.
you lost me bro ..."angle metal with holes under the trailer" ...yet you don't screw to the floor? I'm just trying to comprehend

Old 06-18-2017, 02:27 PM
kberger
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Basically, you want to use a backing plate on the bottom side of the plywood floor to spread out the load (a big washer) weather its the angle like Luc used or a flat piece of heavy gauge sheet metal. you just want something to spread the load so that they cant pull through.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:36 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kberger
Basically, you want to use a backing plate on the bottom side of the plywood floor to spread out the load (a big washer) weather its the angle like Luc used or a flat piece of heavy gauge sheet metal. you just want something to spread the load so that they cant pull through.
ahhhh.....got it!!

The following users liked this post:
luc.who (06-18-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 06:15 PM
damquick1
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You should check out a biker bar, I have one and it's the best investment I have made...
I also have a Condor chock but removed it cause the biker bar is so much better and easier

Old 06-18-2017, 06:16 PM
damquick1
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 06-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 999 Likes on 495 Posts

Love my condors in my 7x12, like others have said just use a plate or large washer under bolts.

I did make one mistake that I haven't undone yet: I have full length e-track right down the middle and on far left/right edges of trailer with the condors mounted middle left and middle right. This gives flexibility to tie down the bikes or anything else that routinely gets thrown in the trailer. What I didn't account for is the occasional times that I need to tie down only one bike. It's not a huge deal that all the weight is to the left or to the right, but the OCD side of me says to pull up some of the e-track in the middle of the trailer so I can mount a condor dead center when only hauling one bike. Not a common thing, but would come in handy every once in awhile like when buddy borrowed trailer this winter.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:10 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,484 Likes on 1,238 Posts

What size trailer? If you are going to trailer 2 bikes, make sure you stagger the chocks correctly so there is necessary clearance between the bikes side to side and front to back.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:44 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kojak
What size trailer? If you are going to trailer 2 bikes, make sure you stagger the chocks correctly so there is necessary clearance between the bikes side to side and front to back.
6x10 V nose. I was going with 6x12 V nose, but I'll be fine with my choice. Only one bike...Ultra limited. I tied it down in a 6x10 V and there was plenty of room. I and my buddies don't tow enough for me to get a bigger for two bikes

Quick Reply: Trailer Chock mounting