Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob / Security ????

Old 04-16-2018, 07:15 PM
FL_Grown87
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Electrical Side I'm not so good at lol..

Old 04-17-2018, 04:11 AM
Hoginedgewood
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,190 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by FL_Grown87
Oh ok sure did the owner before me had the bike from the beginning, kept telling me it's a prox fob.. So it's only the fob to arm/disarm my security system. So technically I need the circle key to lock or unlock my ignition switch.. Solves the problem. lol The whole time I was thinking it was a prox-fob. lol

As per the reply regarding the codes. I've checked the code banks 1 through 10 and found nothing. That was fun finding out how to do that. Next I will be changing my 5 digit pin just if I forget a fob when the secuirty system is aet.
Glad to hear you are settling up the 5 digit code!
My manual didn’t explain that the code is displayed on the odometer readout, that’s helps getting a code set.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:11 PM
USMCNewdog
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So how did the code set up go? I just got an 03 RK classic with the alarm, and I do not know if the previous owner set up a code or not. If I dont have that code can i set it to a new code??? I looked at the manual and saw the response if there is not code, but wasnt clear what happens if there was a previous code. It looked like it will give it to you?

Old 04-28-2018, 02:41 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by USMCNewdog
So how did the code set up go? I just got an 03 RK classic with the alarm, and I do not know if the previous owner set up a code or not. If I dont have that code can i set it to a new code??? I looked at the manual and saw the response if there is not code, but wasnt clear what happens if there was a previous code. It looked like it will give it to you?
I forget the procedure but there is a way to retrieve the current code so that you can change it...it should be in the owner manual. The fob is necessary so that no one can just get your code.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:54 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

if you follow the procedure in the manual for setting up the code, if you already have a code, it will display in the odometer.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:47 PM
USMCNewdog
Cruiser

was hoping to find a video somewhere for these older systems, but cant seem to find one.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by USMCNewdog
was hoping to find a video somewhere for these older systems, but cant seem to find one.
Try this one. You’ll see the first number flashing when it comes up. I believe to change it you press the left turn signal switch to advance the number, and once you get the number you want, you press the right turn switch to lock it in and go to the next number of the pin sequence (which should then start flashing, then do the same as above, left to advance the number, the right to lock it in)

Please someone correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t want to lead anyone astray lol. It’s been a while since I had to do it on an older bike.

Last edited by Cygnusx51; 04-28-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:57 PM
USMCNewdog
Cruiser

there was that one and I found this one:

Old 04-29-2018, 01:25 AM
Joe from So Cal
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Just today I changed the default "1 1 1 1 1" to another code I can remember. As far as the procedure for disarming without a fob, i'll need to carry a cheatsheet in my wallet until I do it enough times to remember the process.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:18 AM
1BadHG
Intermediate
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Default NO Display for manual pin

Heres, one that has about driven me nuts. I have a 2008 FLHT, just installed factory alarm. Push button key fob works to alarm and not alarm. I set manual pin to work and everything was good until I tried to manually enter the code to deactivate. Turn switch to acc, push both turn signal buttons and key light flashes like it should. Big problem no display in odometer to enter key code. Long story short finally found out there were some models that will not show code when manually entering code. You enter code and have to count in your head the numbers and it will work. If anyone is having this problem hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Key Fob / Security ????