Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine LED's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:39 AM
SCGamecock
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default engine LED's?

What LED kits are used to light up the engine?
Do they stay on all the time?
Wired into the harness?
How are they installed?
Links to the kits??

Old 08-16-2018, 05:55 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,970 Likes on 2,185 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Custom Dynamics (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 06:06 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

This is a rather complicated question and I am not sure if at all it ever been addressed?
One has to figure the length, gauge and voltage drop of wire and accessories to the gauge wire involved.
The main point too be calculated is the pinnacle of the abject condition of the proprietor involved as that will
certainly, sway the decision of-
How much or how many?
Measured in candlepowers or luminous?
Lux?
Lumens?
Once established -
The type of Illuminant configured must have the continuity to promote the and correlate with micro, digital, rheostats involved.
Starting with the custodial privilege of said equipment the person has to come to terms with what the catalyst involved here is?
If to bring upon a presentation to the masses of morons walking among us one will have to really reason out the why.
Why do I wish to be the center of the moment?
Once that answer is attained then and only then can the custodian of said motorcycle come to an agreement in his or her heart about said nuances.
As you do the layout here you will probably come to terms with why deficiencies as to why this has become the necessity.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:00 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 640 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
This is a rather complicated question and I am not sure if at all it ever been addressed?
One has to figure the length, gauge and voltage drop of wire and accessories to the gauge wire involved.
The main point too be calculated is the pinnacle of the abject condition of the proprietor involved as that will
How much or how many?
Lux?
Lumens?
Once established -
The type of Illuminant configured must have the continuity to promote the and correlate with micro, digital, rheostats involved.
Starting with the custodial privilege of said equipment the person has to come to terms with what the catalyst involved here is?
If to bring upon a presentation to the masses of morons walking among us one will have to really reason out the why.
Once that answer is attained then and only then can the custodian of said motorcycle come to an agreement in his or her heart about said nuances.
As you do the layout here you will probably come to terms with why deficiencies as to why this has become the necessity.
Allow me to boil all of this down to one word: 'cheesy '

The following 2 users liked this post by Veekness:
hdbob2006 (08-16-2018), Kingglide549 (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 07:36 AM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Received 429 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by SCGamecock
What LED kits are used to light up the engine?
Do they stay on all the time?
Wired into the harness?
How are they installed?
Links to the kits??
Orange Tech 12Pcs Motorcycle LED Light Kit Strips, Atmosphere LED Lighting Strip, RGB Multicolor Accent Glow Neon Lights Lamp with Dual IR/RF Remote f
Amazon Amazon

Old 08-16-2018, 08:24 AM
VinceTheArchitect
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

A freind has the XKGlow XKchrome set on his RGU. Looks awesome. Very feature-packed.
http://www.xkglow.com/26pc_XKchrome_...s-moto-pro.htm

Old 08-16-2018, 09:08 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

The Ciro3d lights are very nice and easy to install plug and play options no wires to cut or plice.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:29 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,713 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
How much or how many?
Lux?
Lumens?
Once established -
Well, SOMEONE is up early and using his thesaurus!

My take has always been - yes, they look ok, but too much headache and hassle, not to mention I have buddies who turn them on in a parking lot to "look cool", stay longer than they anticipate, and can't start their bikes when they return.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:37 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

If I put those on, I would have to put on a 26" front, air bags to slam when parked, and a trailer to get it home, JMO.

Kingglide549 (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 10:06 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

Chandelier

One man's motorcycle is another mans fuzzy wuzzy chandelier.

hbsoldier3 (08-16-2018)

Quick Reply: engine LED's?