Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack Trim

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 11:08 AM
CyGlide
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Tour Pack Trim

Just got my new tour pack for my 2013 Streetglide. Almost had to give Harley my first born for it. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket options for the trim on the bottom? Everything on my bike is blacked out so this chrome will stick out horribly. I pulled it off as I was just going to get it powdercoated black with some other bits and pieces that I need done, but I found that it is plastic so that's a no go. What are the options? Don't really want to do the light kit very bad.

Kind of disappointing that for the price these tour packs cost they can't even use real metal for the trim and they use crap hinges and latches for them.

This is the piece I'm talking about.
Tour Pack Trim-mugoqgo.jpg

Last edited by CyGlide; 02-04-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:30 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Paint them black or replace with running lights.

Old 02-04-2019, 01:11 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

I just pulled mine off skuffed them up and painted them black, came out great. I also had to buy the black hinge kit too, you should just be able to order it with either IMO

Last edited by mikes300; 02-04-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:18 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 816 Likes on 462 Posts

degrease the part ( alcohol works) scuff with a white scotch bright pad, go to an auto body supply shop get a can of adhesion promoter and a sample card of a code 99 paint ( generally a straight black with no tints... many black paints have additional colors such as blue and brown) or bring the tour back with you to match it to a color chip.

I'd be inclined to have the supply house mix me an aerosol can of paint, single stage, but you could do base/clear if you were ambitious.

make sure the part is not cold, put the cans in warm water after shaking and let it warm up a couple of degrees, WARM not hot, like under 100 degrees, then shake the crap out of it again and shoot the part... first pass being just a dusting to establish bonding and then heavier coats for coverage letting them flash off between coats.

The following users liked this post:
RichM752 (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 06:38 PM
CyGlide
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Neggy ZRXOA 5248
degrease the part ( alcohol works) scuff with a white scotch bright pad, go to an auto body supply shop get a can of adhesion promoter and a sample card of a code 99 paint ( generally a straight black with no tints... many black paints have additional colors such as blue and brown) or bring the tour back with you to match it to a color chip.

I'd be inclined to have the supply house mix me an aerosol can of paint, single stage, but you could do base/clear if you were ambitious.

make sure the part is not cold, put the cans in warm water after shaking and let it warm up a couple of degrees, WARM not hot, like under 100 degrees, then shake the crap out of it again and shoot the part... first pass being just a dusting to establish bonding and then heavier coats for coverage letting them flash off between coats.
Thats probably what I’ll end up doing. My bike is midnight pearl so I’m matching that (cost effectively) will be difficult. If I can find a paint that matches my gloss powder coat that would probably be the best option I guess. I’m surprised no one makes anything aftermarket.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:21 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by CyGlide

Thats probably what I’ll end up doing. My bike is midnight pearl so I’m matching that (cost effectively) will be difficult. If I can find a paint that matches my gloss powder coat that would probably be the best option I guess. I’m surprised no one makes anything aftermarket.
Like I said, you can put the side running lights on it. Drill a couple holes and re route the harness that’s already under the left side cover and plug em in. Super easy.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:27 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Cool

The entire thing is plastic, so what's your point?! Either paint the chrome bits or replace them with smoked lights. Simples!

Old 02-06-2019, 11:39 AM
CyGlide
Road Captain

Originally Posted by grbrown
The entire thing is plastic, so what's your point?! Either paint the chrome bits or replace them with smoked lights. Simples!
My point was that I wanted to know if anyone knew of any after market options. I think it sucks when you drop $1000 on a part and they use cheap fake chrome plastic on it. Simples. You don't gotta be a dick about it.

The following users liked this post:
Sixgunjr (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yup, just went through this! It’s like the motor company stealing an extra couple hundred bucks from you. Totally BS!

Old 02-06-2019, 01:40 PM
CyGlide
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sixgunjr
Yup, just went through this! It’s like the motor company stealing an extra couple hundred bucks from you. Totally BS!

Awesome looking bike man! I'm a sucker for orange. My bikes are paid off and the only reason I'm not considering a 19 in the orange is because I don't want a payment again.

Sure would be nice if they would give some options on that stuff. They also don't sell a black tour pack mount for the older style tour packs, so I had to buy the mount, and am having it powder coated. Such a pain.

Last edited by CyGlide; 02-06-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Tour Pack Trim