Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tool Part #'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 06:08 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Tool Part #'s

Hello, I have a leaky main shaft seal on 07 CVO Ultra. I need the correct tool part #'s. I'll need the seal installer and sprocket nut tools. I know Georges Garage has them but I a large seal installer and a smaller seal installer. I'm not exactly sure what I need. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by lhgdale; 03-01-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:25 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,564 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Here's a list of the various specialty tools. Many of these are available from a number of different vendors. Some of them can be substituted via homemade or other makeshift tools.

Transmission Sprocket Locking Tool

Harley Davidson Primary Drive Locking Bar 5.950" Long

Mainshaft Sprocket Wrench

Mainshaft Bearing Race Tool

Main Drive Gear Inner Seal Installer

Main Drive Gear Large Seal Installer

Shifter Shaft Seal Installer (for changing the shifter shaft seal)

The following users liked this post:
lhgdale (03-02-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 09:36 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

It looks like the primary bearing inner race has walked inward and took out the seal. Be sure to check the main drive gear bearing while in there.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:40 PM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 19,543 Likes on 6,896 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Hello, I have a leaky main shaft seal on 07 CVO Ultra. I need the correct tool part #'s. I'll need the seal installer and sprocket nut tools. I know Georges Garage has them but I a large seal installer and a smaller seal installer. I'm not exactly sure what I need. Thanks for the help.

Looks like your bearing may have walked in so you may want to get that corrected before you put new seals in. The bearing in further than what it is supposed to be is probably why your seal is leaking. No offense but you may want to get someone who knows about this to fix it as the bearing needs to be cut off and a new one put on, probably with some red loctite so it will not move. Are you using a Service Manual?

Old 03-02-2019, 06:57 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by coolbreeze3646
Looks like your bearing may have walked in so you may want to get that corrected before you put new seals in. The bearing in further than what it is supposed to be is probably why your seal is leaking. No offense but you may want to get someone who knows about this to fix it as the bearing needs to be cut off and a new one put on, probably with some red loctite so it will not move. Are you using a Service Manual?
Thanks for the info guys. Yes I am using a service manual.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:08 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hardheaded
It looks like the primary bearing inner race has walked inward and took out the seal. Be sure to check the main drive gear bearing while in there.
When you say walked inward do you mean moved toward the clutch side or toward trans side? What should it look like properly installed? Thanks

I'm ordering all the tools LQQK OUT suggested today.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:49 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

Your inner primary bearing race has walked inward (toward the transmission) and ruined the seal. The outer edge of the race should be closer to where the splines start on the shaft. Having walked in that far, it will need to be carefully cut off because there is no way to get a puller behind the race as the inner edge of it is inside the shaft seal.
I’ve heard people will use a cutting wheel on a dremel and cut almost all the way through so as not to damage the shaft. They will then carefully use a cold chisel in the cut, tap it with a hammer and snap the race at the cut.
After 2007 the Moco changed the design so there is a lip on the shaft preventing the inner race from walking inward. You should replace the inner primary bearing with the one Baker Drivetrain sells. It will eliminate this problem.

https://bakerdrivetrain.com/collecti...nt=23313110595

lhgdale (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 08:04 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by skydude426
Your inner primary bearing race has walked inward (toward the transmission) and ruined the seal. The outer edge of the race should be closer to where the splines start on the shaft. Having walked in that far, it will need to be carefully cut off because there is no way to get a puller behind the race as the inner edge of it is inside the shaft seal.
I’ve heard people will use a cutting wheel on a dremel and cut almost all the way through so as not to damage the shaft. They will then carefully use a cold chisel in the cut, tap it with a hammer and snap the race at the cut.
After 2007 the Moco changed the design so there is a lip on the shaft preventing the inner race from walking inward. You should replace the inner primary bearing with the one Baker Drivetrain sells. It will eliminate this problem.

https://bakerdrivetrain.com/collecti...nt=23313110595
Thank you for the info sir.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,006 Likes on 1,999 Posts

Look at romancoinnovation.com they have a solution for removing races that have walked in too far to grab with the regular tool, I have one that I was making sitting on my bench at work that is about half done...decided to cut mine out instead lol. Here's a picture of mine that is no where near as far in as yours and I couldn't get it with regular removal tool. Not sure you'll be able to cut yours off because of how far in it is...but it might work if grind what you can then grind a slot like the other guy said and use a chisel. I have all the tools if you decide to take this on we can work something out. Good luck

lhgdale (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,053 Likes on 6,220 Posts

You can call Georges Garage and them them the year, make and model. (www.georges-garage.com/909 843-7043)

Quick Reply: Tool Part #'s