Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 08:01 PM
Dannymic
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 103 performance

Looking for recommendations on which direction to go next. Have been upgrading my 15 flhx over last couple years. The urge to improve never ends . Currently running with PC5 with auto tune, SE heavy breather, python 2into1 short pipe off to right side. SE 259 cams, port n polishheads with high compression valves, upgraded to SE clutch. Kinda of at a loss for best direction to head next. Sitting at about 104 HP 118 torque. Tune shop told me I should be over 110 hp easy but python pipe hurting me. I love the pipe, so it’s staying. What’s next? Oil pump?, bigger jugs? Other recommendations?

Old 03-06-2019, 08:17 PM
nutsandbolts5212
Road Warrior

Received 793 Likes on 352 Posts

Welcome to the Forum. Do you want to improve or go fast? Or both?

Old 03-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Dannymic
6th Gear

I started off wanting a happy medium, I’d like to maintain if I can but I’m leaning towards fast

Old 03-06-2019, 08:33 PM
Dannymic
6th Gear

I like long trips so I had that in mind with initial remodel, but I’m realizing that 80% of my riding is hot rodding around town, so if that tells you anything

Old 03-06-2019, 08:34 PM
springers4ever
Road Master
Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Q&a ...

at about 104 HP 118 torque. Tune shop told me I should be over 110 hp easy but python pipe hurting me.
seems you answered your own ??? ...maybe try another pipe and see where that goes ..!!!???

The following users liked this post:
jackddg22 (03-30-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Dannymic
6th Gear

Originally Posted by springers4ever
seems you answered your own ??? ...maybe try another pipe and see where that goes ..!!!???
like I said I love the pipe, so I’m looking for other alternatives to up performance before switching out the pipe

Old 03-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,999 Likes on 1,998 Posts

No replacement for displacement. You could bore to 107, get different cams and then a good dyno tune. That's the "low " budget option. Or crack the cases and go for it...124" it's only money and it costs lots of it to make a harley "fast for a harley" but that's half the fun in the first place.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:03 PM
5280Ruffian
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

If you're considering a 110, just go for the S&S 124. Buy once, cry once. If you like the pipe enough to sacrifice the power you could be gaining, you're going to spend money to get part of what you should. I get it, you like the pipe, I won't try to convince you to change it. Just realize that any bolt on power is going to be minimized.

Did your bike get tuned by an unbiased tuner? If the tuner thinks your pipe is a restriction, they may not have put the effort into getting it done right. A really good tune could bump your power output.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Dannymic
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Screamin beagle
No replacement for displacement. You could bore to 107, get different cams and then a good dyno tune. That's the "low " budget option. Or crack the cases and go for it...124" it's only money and it costs lots of it to make a harley "fast for a harley" but that's half the fun in the first place.
Amen !

Old 03-06-2019, 09:09 PM
Dannymic
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 5280Ruffian
If you're considering a 110, just go for the S&S 124. Buy once, cry once. If you like the pipe enough to sacrifice the power you could be gaining, you're going to spend money to get part of what you should. I get it, you like the pipe, I won't try to convince you to change it. Just realize that any bolt on power is going to be minimized.

Did your bike get tuned by an unbiased tuner? If the tuner thinks your pipe is a restriction, they may not have put the effort into getting it done right. A really good tune could bump your power output.
two different tune shops said same thing. I would hope they were unbiased but who knows. The fact it was two different leads me to believe they we telling the truth. I’ve read more that one forum with guys with the same pipe claiming way bigger numbers, not sure who is full of ****. My guess is the forum guys over the tune shops but I don’t know. I hear what your saying about the sacrifice.

Quick Reply: 103 performance