Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Street Glide Tour Pack Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 05:10 PM
Screamindaemon
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Street Glide Tour Pack Compatibility

Hello all, I have some questions about how to get a tour pack onto the back of my 07 Street Glide.

Seems that the overwhelming majority of searches and parts are for 09 and up and use the 4-point docking station. This doesn't do me much good with the year of my bike. So I'm looking for some confirmation of my search results, and possible suggestions to how to do it better or differently. I like the elongated look of the stretched show baggers, and I'm trying to imitate that to an extent.

From everything I've found, the only official adapter hardware for the 97-08 touring models is the H-D Detachables Two-Up Tour-Pak Mounting Rack. This also requires the 2-Up docking hardware, which oddly doesn't exist for my year of bike. You can see the complete setup here. I don't see why it wouldn't work for my bike, but maybe somebody else can tell me. (Hog Works has the same parts listed as compatible).

Next, most of the tour packs I see online specify 2014 and up for compatibility. This doesn't make sense to me, as I would assume that the tour pack just bolts to the mount. Is there a compatibility issue with mounts before 2014?

So, off to 3rd party retailers. I can find both the
hardware hardware
and the
mount mount
at Amazon. However, some of the related searches caught my eye. Namely the
XMT-MOTO King Tour Pack Pak Latches XMT-MOTO King Tour Pack Pak Latches
. This last part seems to be a far more elegant solution, and similar to the intention to the 09 and up rack mounts with the 4-point docking station kit. I like the swept look of this product, but am concerned with a company who's only online presence is an Amazon store front. Also, where do I put it. I've attached a picture of my bike with the saddle bags removed. I think I still need the hardware adapter kit regardless.

What do you think about my options here? Have any of your tried XMT-MOTO brand? Should I stick with the official parts? Have any of you tried some work arounds?

Thanks for your time

-Daemon