Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hogtunes

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 01:44 AM
electricuter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hogtunes

How are the stock speakers on the 2006 Ultra classic?Would I have to replace them with the hog tunes or are they the same or better quality?

Old 11-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: hogtunes

As good as the stock speakers are, Hogtunes puts them to shame. Best upgrade for the money you can do for your bike.

Terry

Old 11-08-2005, 02:56 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 705 Likes on 338 Posts

I have to agree with Terry, Hogtunes are a good investment, and Pez is a great guy to deal with. As mentioned in another thread, I went to his house to pick them up, and we installed them in his driveway. Where else today can you get someone to allow you to his house, to pick up and install their product?

Old 11-08-2005, 03:07 AM
gsparesa
Tourer

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

As good as the stock speakers are, Hogtunes puts them to shame. Best upgrade for the money you can do for your bike.

Terry
Yup! Installed them on my '05 Road Glide and they are mucho better than stock but a bit bright for my taste (2-way design). I had to roll off the high end before it pierced my drums. I still prefer the J&M's that I have on my e-glide. The J&M's favor the mid-range and that's what I hear best over my Thunderheaders.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Boatman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think if you email Pez at Hogtunes, the 06 speakers will not be ready until spring 06..

Old 11-08-2005, 10:07 AM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Boatman

I think if you email Pez at Hogtunes, the 06 speakers will not be ready until spring 06..

06 speakers are the same. I just installed them in my 06 FLHTI and they work great. User a Rumble RAW 40 amp and a satellite radio. Makes a great setup.

PTAG

Old 11-08-2005, 01:07 PM
PEZ
Tourer

Hey all

I have a set of 2 ohm speakers in my 06 now, and they work very well, and will be available in Spring 06 or sooner. The problem is that I need to MAKE SURE that a dealer doesnt put the 2 ohm speakers on a 98-05 radio--thjat could be very bad......and damaging!

In order to try an make sure this doesnt happen, we will change the colour of the speakers cone, as well as the colour of the package to differentiate.

If someone adds and amp to an 06, chances are the AMP is made for a 4 ohm speaker, so in that case the current product will work awesome as in the case of the fellow who added the rumble radio amp

Please feel free to email me any questions at info@hogtunes.com

PEZ www.hogtunes.com

Old 11-09-2005, 02:05 AM
Hugh Betcha
Intermediate

OK-now I am confused. After reading all the accolades about Hogtunes and finding the stock speakers to be, in a word "lousy", I want to put Hogtunes in my 06 Road Glide, but can i do that now or do I wait until Spring of 06 to buy speakers for an 06 bike?

Old 11-09-2005, 03:54 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master

PEZ is the Hogtunes representative, and based on his post, looks like you oughta wait. Seems like they've got the product developed for the '06 radios, just working out the logistics. You could email him and beg, I suppose...

Old 11-09-2005, 10:33 AM
PEZ
Tourer

Hugh

Its our intention to give our customers the best product we can for a fair price. It would be easy to say put the current speakers in, and you will notice they sound better, but that is not enough for us. We know without question that our 2 ohm speakers will perform WAY better (sound AND volume) than our current speaker on your bike, which is why were telling guys to hang tight.

Riding season is all but done, and were bustin our hump to get these things out before ridin season starts again. If we only dealt off the web, it would be easy, as I personally make sure customers get the right product when orders come in. Since we have a dealer base, we have to take the time to MAKE SURE mistakes arent made by running 2 ohm speakers on RadioSound radios (OEM radios pre 2006) which would cause damage. Were going to make sure this doesnt happen by changing the cone colour, and the package colour--and these things take time to make right.

I hope this explains our intent, and why we feel the delay is needed. Feel free to email me direct or post any other questions

CIAO4NOW--PEZ

PS. I dont mean to "correct" anyone, but Im a little more than the rep for HOGTUNES. Get enough Molsons in me, and I might show you the stretch marks from givin birth to the brand!

Quick Reply: hogtunes